Pages

background

Followers

Tuesday, 12 October 2010

It's Totally Ladybug Tuesday - One for the Boys

Good morning, hope you are all OK this rather fine Tuesday :-)

I really hope you enjoyed our blog hop last week and huge congratulations to the five winners, I'm sure you will love playing with your new stamps :-)

This week it was the lovely Pinky to set the Challenge and she chose One for the Boys!!  I'm really looking forward to having a look at what the rest of the DT have done for this challenge, as I think most crafters find mens/boys tough... please check out their posts - they are all on the links on the right hand side :-)

Those tricky boys cards are a breeze with the lovely Jack stamps, he's soo cute!!  I just love Policeman Jack's cheeks as he zooms along on his scooter!!  Don't forget that the lovely Kerry is offering 15% off until the end of September - click here to go to her store - just remember to add the code CB2010 when you check out


I decided to sew on this card, but took the brave step of using a different stitch,  My machine has one of those touch screen thingys, and I think it needs a service cos i was prodding away, but nothing was happening, got there in the end though :-)  Maybe it is complining at only ever sewing through paper these days!!  I inherited it from my hubbys great aunt, and I can imagine her looking down on me laughing her head off at me struggling!!  As we are all friends here please accept my apologies that I went a bit wonky on occasion!!



I used my Tim Holtz brick embossing folder on the circle behind Jack and love the look that this gives,  but it hasn't come out too well in the photos :-(  I've coloured Jack in with Copics, and added glossy accents to his badges, hat trim and whistle and to the wheels of his scooter

Supplies:
Stamps - Policeman Jack and It's Only Words 1 Sentiment set
MME Quite Contrary Papers, Blue and Olive cardstock, Tim Holtz Brick embossing folder, Copics, Glossy Accents, Stickles; Buttons; Twine; Tim Holtz Adage tickets, Circle Punch, Chalk eyes (used to distress the circle and the ticket); Sewing Machine; Navy machine embroidery silk

I'd like to enter this card for
Allsorts - Inspiration from a Song Title (I Predict A Riot by the Kaiser Chiefs!!)

Thanks for stopping by

Sue xx

22 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Jack looks fab in those colours. The brick embossing folder is fabulous .. may have to get one of those ... great take on the theme ..Lisa ;)

pinky said...

Sue its just brilliant. The stitching really adds to the image, Jack rushing to the rescue. Don't tell me you struggle with male cards after this girl!!
Pinky

theCook said...

Love the brick embossed background! Jack really seems to have fun!

Rusty said...

Gorgeous card xxx

Mary J said...

Brilliant, Sue - that stitching is perfect for a boy's card!

NGCARDS said...

Beautiful work hun! Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

Wendi said...

Fabulous card that image is lovely love the glossy accents and the colours are perfect love the stitching too
Thank you so much for joining us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Whimsey said...

Fabulous card Sue; LOVE the colors you have used and that ticket is just PERFECT! Gorgeous!

Anita said...

Flabulous card Sue. I love how you've colored Jack and that brick embossing behind him is awesome. Love your papers and your layout too...wow, that was lots of sewing, huh?

funky farm scrapbook barn.co.uk said...

Wow! Sue this card is super cute, love the embossing - what a great touch! xx

Beth said...

Aww this is such a sweet card! I love these colours together and the image is really fun! Thanks for joining in with the Sweet Stop challenge!

Love Beth xx

Katy said...

Brilliant! Had a little chuckle to this one, the policeman's so amusing! Thanks for joining in with Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge, and good luck! Hugs. Katy. xxx

Kerry said...

The colours you've used are just flab Sue! I'm gonna hunt down that Tim Holtz brick wall...love it! Oh and some of those ticket thingy's lol. Great card...superlicious! x

Pami said...

Love the stitching, the Jack images are such fun! Loving all the DT cards! Pami x

gayle said...

Great card Sue and the stitching is very well done. It adds a great effect. x

Kirsten said...

Fabulous card love the image and great choice of song...x

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

Helen Ann said...

Love this card, with the cut-out image and the embossed background. Gorgeous card, made even more so by the use of my favourite Jack stamp
Hel x

scotspanda said...

ooh gorgeous card, the image is fabulous lol Great song choice too am singing like a looney now lol

thankyou for joining in with my musically inspired challenge this week @ Allsorts

Amanda xx

Suzy Q said...

hi sue, i realise this comment is a little late! i'd tried to comment on your lovely card before but my lap top fell out with me and refused to work!!! anyway i love the card!! looks amazing xx

Stephanie said...

Adorable, love your coloring. Thanks for playing with us at The Sweet Stop!

Stampin Mindy said...

That image is so cute! Adorable card!

Thanks so much for joining us over at WOC this week!

Hugs, Mindy

dstandard said...

Adorable image and nice clean card! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!