Pages

background

Followers

Thursday, 13 January 2011

I love this card :-)

Thursday!!  Where is this week going!!

I've been making a few cards for Kerry to take to CHA later in the month.  I didn't really plan this card, it just kind of happened, but oh my word!!!  I love this one!!  I think Posh Shopper Nikki is my latest favourite LCI stamp, she's just so... urban? cool? chic?  I dunno, I just lurve her bobbed haircut!! 

And her waistline... hmmm... shall I share that I got on the scales yesterday and they appear to be faulty?  This cannot be... I've still got choccies left over from Christmas!!   I used to look like that, but time and kids have taken their toll, and it's between crafting and jogging and I know the crafting is gonna win :-)  Still I'm going to try to watch what I eat over the next couple of months and try to shift it before it sets in for the long term :-)

OK, enough with my scale woes... I only got them out to see what the kids weighed and had to join in the fun :-)  Back to my lovely card...


I just went a bit all out - which I hope is OK :-)  But it is based on this weeks Wild Orchid Challenge sketch The photo's so do not do this card justice - the purple organza is so shimmery and the satin ribbon is in a shade called moonglow and is such a stunning colour - there wasn't much left on the reel when I bought it, and loved it so much I got all they had... and got it in a wider ribbon too... that's how much I loved it (am I strange going a bit daft over ribbon???)

Here's a close up of the lovely Nikki


On the few occasions (very few since I had the kids) that I have bought things in posh shops they have come in the most exquisite bags, beautuffly wrapped and tied with ribbon and I thought Nikki's bag needed the same treatment... don't tell anyone but I didn't have any narrow ribbon in the right shade, but found some attached to a cardi I bought the other week that was perfect... of course this means the cardi is forever going to slip off the hanger!!

I'd love for this card to be considered for these challenges

Thanks for stopping by, more tomorrow

Sue xx

13 comments:

Julie said...

I'm loving this posh bird! You've nailed those eyes a treat,love the shimmery shades...... Why do they insist on putting loops of thin ribbon on pj trousers these days??? I liberate it immediately saves stash money in the long run;)

theCook said...

Wow! She's beautiful!

Lisa Jane said...

ooh wow she is a posh bird and those flowers and ribbon are just gorgeous
Lisa ;)

Rusty said...

How what a hottie!! love what you have done with the ribbons!! Fab work! xx

Anita said...

Wow, beautiful card! Nikki looks gorgeous and I love all the pretties you've added.

Kerry said...

Wowzer Sue!!! A girl can never have enough ribbon and just think...if you hadn't bought it you wouldn't be as in love with this card...everything for a reason lol. Absolutely L-O-V-E your card and great to see Posh Shopper out and about :-D xx

pinky said...

Gorgeous card Sue, she definitely is a posh shopper, love her shopping bag;)

Pami said...

Hi Sue, you are right posh shopper is so chic! I love what you have done with her and that organza is amazing. PS - my scales are broken too! Pami x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful card

Thanks for joining us on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation with such texture thank you so much for sharing it with us at the SCSC
Hugs Kate xx

Mel X said...

Fabulous. Love the design.

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter. Good luck.

Mel X

craftybunny said...

Gorgeous card.Love the shimmer and all the ribbons/trims you've added.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Whimsey said...

Beautiful - don't you love when you love what you make!?! That doesn't always happen for me. LOL

Great colors; LOVE the sparkle and ribbon!