Pages

background

Followers

Tuesday, 12 July 2011

No new Ladybugs Crafts Ink Challenge this week... but...

...I couldn't help but make a card anyway :-)

Hello!!

No new challenge over at Ladybugs Craft Ink, as we are going monthly for July and August, but the Summer Birthday Challenge is running all month, so you have LOADS of time to make something, or three as you can enter three times this month!!

I came across a challenge to make a Tent Card, and I had no idea what a tent card was!!  I found out here, and it looked different and I thought I'd give it a go :-D



I used Daydreaming Ruby as I haven't inked her up in a while, but cut her off her log and sat her in the aperture, and I used my Tim Holtz fence die thingy and popped a picket fence behind her.


She's coloured with copics to compliment the Bo Bunny papers/ribbon and Wild Orchid Crafts flowers.  If you can't see why it is called a tent card, here's a view from a different angle..


Cool huh??  Actually, here's a little secret, it was a breeze to put together... love it!!  One of those designs that everyone will think you are a creative genius, but shhh!!  It's pretty easy :-D.  Oooh, the sentiment is also from LCI, as is the gorgeous lace!!

As I couldn't decorate the inside, I had to decorate the back




Thanks for stopping by, more tomorrow

Sue xx

10 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

I do love tent cards Sue .. and this is gorgeous .. especially as its in my fave green ! Ruby looks so pretty sat there - she is probably wondering what Michele is up to today .. its her birfday in case you didn't know
Lisa x

theCook said...

What a beautiful card! Love the color, and the tent shape is very nice!

Mary J said...

WOW! Really gorgeous Sue!

Mary J said...

OH - and thx for linking it up to the Make It Monday party!

Mary x

Kerry said...

I've never heard of a tent card before...what ever will be next...sleeping bag card rofl!!! I'm wondering if it's kind of like a window box card turned and with the top pinched together??? This is megaliciously flabulous Sue...I love how you've got the fence behind Daydreaming Ruby. I think I'm going to give this a try. LOVE it!! xx

ps feel lost without TLT today but somebody's birfday filled the spot!

Shirley-anne said...

Hi there Sue .This is a stunner . delightful image and papers . Great project to share on Make it Monday , thank you .

Amanda R said...

Beautiful Sue, I love the colors you chose and Ruby looks wonderful! I have never tried a tent card either but yours turned out great!

Faith A said...

Gorgeous card and love the colours you have used

Bev said...

What a fab card! Thanks so much for joining us at WOC this week x

loriete said...

Beutiful card! Love colors! Thanks for sharing it at WOC!