Pages

background

Followers

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge 12- Let It Snow

...actually I hope it doesn't... not yet... over Christmas is OKwhen I don't have to get to work/school etc etc and I have a fridge full of wine food, cos we really, really get snowed in here!!

Still if the weather forecasters are right we could see a bit of the white stuff this week in my little corner of the world, still at least my heating oil has been delivered so we are back to being warm and cosy after a couple of days of only having the fire and the storage heaters... brrr!

So this weeks Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge could be right on time with the theme of

Let It Snow

Here's my card


What else could I do bar a shaker card for this challenge :-)

The image is Snow Star - one of the new exclusive Digi images from Scrapbook Sisters and I have masked it up then dabbed distress inks all over (actually I went over the top with the blending, but it looks OK), and he has been coloured with Copics, glamour dusted, and glossy accented before being popped in the frame with a whole load of Diamond Dust (much better than my glitter to make the snow as it doesn't seem to be sticking to the acetate quite as much!!)

The frame and the snowflakes were cut on the Cricut

Supplies
From Scrapbook Sisters:  Snow Star Digi Image; Penny Black Snowflakes sentiment; White Dotty Bazzill; Navy Bazzill; Snowman Ribbon; Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks, Copics, Glamour Dust; Glossy Accents; Blue Glitter Gel Pen
Other: Gems; Diamond Dust; MS Snowflake Punch

Thanks for stopping by

Sue xx

8 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

wonderful icy feel to your card
Love those snowflakes ... keep warm
Lisa ;)

Helen Ann said...

I love the snowflakes, and that is one of my favourite sentiments
Lovely Card
hel x

Julie said...

Fab Sue! I so love your shaker card,just what I had in mind for my card till I lost the plot lol! Definately "Let it snow" in my dining room! Catch you later,Julie.x

pinky said...

Gorgeous cute card, just love snowy cards. Those snowflakes are excellent. Hope you don't get too much snow.
Pinky

Pami said...

Lovely card, it's making me feel cold thigh all that snow and snowflakes!! Pami x

Pami said...

Lovely card, it's making me feel cold thigh all that snow and snowflakes!! Pami x

Anita said...

Wow, Sue, this is gorgeous. I love that snow angel...so pretty. Really loving the snowflakes too.

Kerry said...

I love shaker cards Sue... Yours is flabulous...love that ribbon and those snowflakes!! xx