Pages

background

Followers

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge 13 - Patchwork

Hi!  Hope you are OK, snow has hit my little corner of the world now so I thought I'd share my card for this weeks Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge cos it's bright and summery :-)

This week the theme is

Patchwork

to make a change it is NOT a Christmas card (sorry. should that have come with a warning?!)

I have used the rather cute Strawberry Molly and Stone Wall Molly Blooms stamps I got the other week from Scrapbook Sisters... I hope you like them as much as I do :-)


Here's a close up - the pic hasn't picked it up very well but there is pink flock on her hat and jumper cos I wanted them to have an angora feel (no, no idea what came over me there, never had an angora moment before!).  In all honesty I think I need a new glue pen as it didn't stick as well as I remember!!  And there is glossy accents on her wellies too - well what little girl doesn't like a nice shiny wellington boot!  Again my shocking photography skills aren't showing the stone wall or Molly off how they look IRL!! 

This wall is perfect for so many of the stamps and digi images that are about at the moment that feature characters sitting down or leaning!  You can get it here


I have used some of the lovely Quite Contrary papers by MME and added faux stitching to the edges of each square.  Sentiment is from a Papermania set, assorted flowers by Prima (yes I know not botanically correct, but I hope you will allow me artistic licence!!) and the buttons are from my stash

I hope you are able to join in with the challenge this week,

Hugs  Sue xx

4 comments:

Highland Handmade said...

Beautiful, love the image, not sure about the colour LOL xxx

Mary J said...

Oh Sue, she is just gorgeous - love that patchwork - gotta try that!

Hope you are keeping warm! Snowed in in East Sussex - bbrrr!!!

Helen Ann said...

I love it, love all the pink papers gorgeous
Should have saved my penguin card from few weeks ago for this challenge lol, ah well the excuse to get loads of papers out.
Hel x

pinky said...

Such a sweet little card, how cute is she sitting up there lol. Love it.
Pinky