Pages

background

Followers

Thursday 21 February 2013

Southern Girls - Banners and Pendants

Hello!

How are you?  Illness continues here, I've had flu that has turned into a bad chest infection.  After doing battle with the doctors receptionist (who told me that it was highly unlikely that I had a secondary condition, and that I couldn't have an appointment... hmmm!!!) I finally got to see a doctor yesterday who has signed me off work, and given me some heavy duty antibiotics.  Fingers crossed that they do the job as everything hurts from coughing for over a week, my nose is sore as I keep sneezing until I get nosebleeds, and I have no appetite and can't breathe properly.  As you might tell I don't do being ill!!!  And to make matters worse, we are supposed to be going to a black-tie do on Saturday, and I'm gutted as it's rare that we get posh-grown-up-all-dressed-up-time together and I'm poorly and don't know at the moment if I'm going to be well enough to go at all :-(

Right whinges over!!  Onto today's card which is for this fortnights Southern Girls Challenge which is Banners and Pendants


I've used Beach Huts from Delicious Doodles, colouring with Copics in a soft colour scheme.  I decided to keep the design of my card parred down and simple to suit this calming image,  I used some MME papers that seemed appropriate for the image and made a banner using some offcuts.  Oooh, and I got to play with a new Memory Box die that I got last month - like this one, think it'll be great for mens/boys cards!

Please can I enter these challenges
Crafty Boots Challenge - Out of your comfort zone (I am a more-is-more kinda girl and it takes a LOT for me not to add a ton of stuff to a card!!)

Thats it from me today, hope to see you soon


Sue xx

8 comments:

Julie said...

Love the pastel tones,I thought you'd used pencils,they look so soft! Hope you soon feel better, julie x

Shanna Shands said...

Fun Banner!

Dawn said...

Sorry to hear you're poorly Sue! I hope you get better soon! I love the soft ones on your card! Thanks for playing at Crafting For All Seasons this time!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Sue said...

I am sorry to hear that you are unwell, I hope you start to feel better soon.
Your card is gorgeous. I really love that image and your soft colouring is fabulous.
Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge this week
Sue

Tamie said...

Feel better soon! The pastels on your card is amazing! Incredible image and layout. Loving the banner too. Sure glad you shared it on MIM and that I was able to pop on over for a closer look.

Tamie #199

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Sue, what a wonderful way of using pastels and soft colors - coloring beach huts which have been sun-bleached. Looks so pretty and inviting! your banner looks cute, too. Wonderful use of the die cuts! Sweeta and cute card.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. I love the gorgeous colours you have used.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a beautiful card. Love the pretty soft color scheme and cute banners. Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday. :)