Pages

background

Followers

Sunday 1 September 2013

A Stampin' Up sort of a day...

Hello!!

Sorry I've not posted in a bit, I've been trying (and failing!) to get the kids ready to go back to school, most of the uniforms have been bought, shoes, trainers, and football boots have been purchased, and I have spent most of the week sewing name labels into everything.  Yes sewing... I cannot tell you how much I wish I'd just got the iron in ones now!!

Anyway, I've persevered and only have 3 jumpers, two blazers, the PE kits, lab coats and CDT apron to go... oh I thought I was doing quite well until I read the still to do list! :-(

I was pleased to take time out from stabbing myself with a needle this afternoon to go round my friend and colleague Sandra's house, as she was having a Stampin' Up party.  Now I'd never been to a Stampin' Up party before, and didn't quite know what to expect, but had a great time, and placed a teensy weensy order for a few bits and bobs :-D

The demonstrator, Caroline was excellent, and took the time to explain the products to the group, and let us have a little play :-D.  I'm looking forward to getting my order, although I think I've been a little conservative in what I've ordered, they are very me!  And I have Caroline's details if I want anything else :-D

Anyway, here's a few snaps from the afternoon (apologies for the poor quality of the pictures!)

Here's Caroline, with the demo card we made... I left mine at Sandra's, will post it another day (what an idiot!)  It's quite a simple design that is perfect for mass makes, but one that allows each person to customise the design to their tastes, adding more fuss and detail, or leaving it as is would make an equally striking card.


Browsing the catalogues


 Picking a winner of the lucky dip


The lucky winner, Suzie being presented with her prize by Caroline


Some of the ladies getting creative! - Sorry for the blurred image - its an action shot! :-D

All in all, it wasn't what I expected at all (for the better, before you wonder!), and it was lovely to meet some new people, catch up with others I'd met before, and spend some time outside of work with some of my colleagues

That's it from me for now, I'll be sharing some cards this week! 

Hope you've had a great weekend

Sue xx

5 comments:

Caroline Hallett said...

Aw thank you Sue - lovely write up of the party and I am glad you enjoyed it. (NOTE TO SELF - CHECK CLEAVAGE BEFORE LEAVING HOME!!!) xxx

Hope and Chances said...

Nice to meet you Sue. It was a lovely afternoon and I know who to turn to now for professional colouring advice - thank you :)

Sue U said...

It was lovely to meet you too Christine! I'm far from professional, there are so many fabulously talented people out there I'm a complete amateur in comparison :-). But I enjoy what I do and that's the main thing!

Thanks for visiting my blog xx

Unknown said...

Lovely post Sue!! I'm so pleased you enjoyed this afternoon - I certainly did!! I've ended up with about £170 worth of stuff for the princely sum of £48 and a few pennies so it is well worth hosting a party. I think I will become a demo so watch this space! Thank you for coming (and blogging!) xxx

Weasel said...

I had a great time too - and was chuffed to win the door prize - thanks for taking the pics!