Pages

background

Followers

Tuesday 26 November 2013

We've got the Blues (and White) at LCI

Hi!

This week's Ladybug Crafts Ink Challenge is a brilliant one, just in time for Christmas (or any other time, thinking about it!), as we'd love to see your 

Blue and White

creations - anything from a rich royal blue, to a frosty ice blue, or how about a regal navy blue?

Actually, I didn't realise it at the time, but I redecorated my bathroom in some lovely blue shades at the weekend... and re-painted the ceiling white too.  I didn't take any pictures of this particular ladybug taking the challenge a bit too seriously and painting herself white and blue as well... :-D  Still it looks a million times better and fresher now than it did on Friday!  I've just a few bits and bobs to finish, and some accessories to make, things that I had before to upcycle, and maybe treat myself to a new towel set, and it'll be back to bathroom heaven :-D

Enough of the rambling, back to the challenge... I went for a teal/turquoise blue, although I will say it's a lot more blue in real life than the piccies show!  That ribbon looks a bit green from here, but I promise you it's not!


 I've used some MME papers, not Christmas ones, but the colours work, and who'd know!


As I wanted some cards to send this year that were a bit more traditional, but still glam and in my normal style, and this one - Christmas Wreath Delight - is simply perfect.  I've coloured it with a selection of blue pens, adding a touch of green to the foliage, then adding a dash of glitter to the ribbon and some of the baubles.

 

 I decorated the inside to match - this sentiment was a freebie from a magazine

Hope you have fun joining in with this challenge

Thanks for stopping by

Sue xx

6 comments:

Highland Handmade said...

Very blingy on the bow, love the colours you have used on this one (shades!) Sounds like you could have got away with just a pic of you! xx

Whimsey said...

GORGEOUS and as you can see, great minds think alike!

LOVE the sentiment on the inside; beautiful!!

Sally said...

Gorgeous Sue.....I do think you may be taking the challenge a bit far decorating you bathroom to match lol! Its such a good feeling when a room is newly decorated.
Gorgeous card, I had forgotten about this image so need to dig it out. Looks great in blue.
Hugs Sally xx

Kathleen said...

Great variety of colours and I love the bow, and the layout, fab card.

Kath x

Chris said...

This looks fabulous, Sue. Gorgeous shades of blue! Great design and stunning bow!
Chris
x

Anonymous said...

WOWzers that whacks you right in the eye! simple Stunning! LOVE the colour hugs me xx