Pages

background

Followers

Saturday 22 November 2014

I found Barry!!!

Hello again :-)

There is a little tale to today's card.  As some of you know we were burgled earlier in the year, and one of the things that was taken were laptops.  Now it didn't occur to me to check that all my digi images had been backed up at the time, there was so much going on and I just didn't think of it.  Then the insurance paid out, and still I didn't think... it was only when I started making my Christmas cards that I suddenly realised that I couldn't find some of my Christmas images that I got last year... irritating, but not the end of the world, as I could rebuy the ones I wanted right?   Including The super cute Barry the Bear from Stamp Fairy

Wrong!! As Stamp Fairy had closed their doors the week before... my timing was dreadful!  Lamenting the loss of Barry I started trawling through every memory stick and hard drive in the house I could find, in the hope that Barry would re-appear.  And there he was, backed up on HB's work hard-drive... no idea how he ended up there, but I was very pleased to see him again.

Anyhooo, here's Barry, getting ready for a skiing adventure :-)

  

I have to say, he doesn't look super confident!!


You can just see the ski charm I got from Live and Love Crafts tucked away in there


The ticket sentiment is from Stampin' Up!, and I've covered it in crackle paint, before popping layering it over a Memory Box snowflake


The tag is tucked away behind the image - I couldn't resist using Indigo Blu guilding flakes to create the Christmas tree (image and greeting were freebies from a Magazine)


The papers are from Live and Love Crafts, love the Scandinavan feel to these papers,  I've embossed the panel behind the sentiment, and got the distress inks out again :-)



Thanks for looking


Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Sue xx

4 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Glad you found him otherwise this gorgeous card would not be here. Love the colours and layout.
Lorraine

Brenda said...

I see now why you love him so! He's so cute, but you have to admit he is being spotlighted in a pretty fabulous setting! Love this card!

Anonymous said...

I am sooo so glad you found Barry you have done him proud he is a gorgeous bear and you have loved him so much its clear to see, hugs me xx

Colette said...

Awww! So glad you've found him. He's such a cutey. Thank you for playing along with Cosmic Colours! xx