Pages

background

Followers

Tuesday 20 January 2015

Show us your new stuff @ Top Tip Tuesday

Hello!

I soooo meant to post more this week, but it's been kinda one of those weeks where nothing has gone quite to plan..I've got a few images coloured, and a couple of cards nearly finished, but not a lot I could share!!  Anywhoooo this fortnights challenge at Top Tip Tuesday is to show us something new.... it might be a new technique, or a product that is new to you - tell us though what it is, as I for one am hopeless at guessing and my crystal ball is broken :-D

I've several new things here... the papers are a new purchase - Vintage Frost Basics from Live and Love Crafts -  (sshhh don't tell anyone!!)...and I LOVE them, the are sooo usable


 the fabby image is new (from this weeks sponsor Hannah Lynn - she's the rather gorgeous Rainbow Sky Mermaid) and the colouring technique is new too, as I always end up colouring my images with blond, brunette or black hair, but I have loved some images where the hair has been coloured in the sort of colours I would LOVE but would get fired for these days (the time when I had jet black hair with streaks of jade, peacock and navy or pink, violet and purple have long since been unacceptable...boooo!!!!)  I am so wanting several more of these images... my new fave!!

I really loved colouring this image with her funky hair, and do you know what, I think I somehow managed to do her hair better than I usually would.. how does that work!!!   I think swapping colour has been a real boon though, as I hope to translate what I've figured out back to when I need to colour in sensible colours!!  I've also been playing with colouring eyes - not all images lend themselves to this due to the size of the pupil, but there is shading in her eye colour too!  And I used my new Stampendous Shabby Blue embossing powder on this image too... I just tapped some here and there and heated it up - all a bit random ;-)  I think it works with the distresed cardstock


That's it from me today - hope to see your new creations!



Thanks for stopping by

Sue xxx

4 comments:

Sally Dodger said...

A beautiful card. Your image is very pretty, perfectly coloured and your new hair colour is stunning. Your papers and embellishments are all gorgeous too. Sally.x.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous monotone card and I absolutely love her hair. Great colouring and really beautiful details.
Lorraine

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card, your hair colouring is brilliant. I love all the detail. Elaine

Brenda said...

Sue, this is beautiful! I love your decision to do a non-traditional hair color. Your coloring is wonderful!