Pages

background

Followers

Tuesday 26 May 2015

It's all about the hair colour at Top Tip Tuesday

Hello!!

I really loved making my card for this fortnights challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday - not just because the sponsor is the fabulous The East Wind, and I could crack out my previously unused Aurora Vine image.

The challenge is 


So I went for the sort of colour that I would have loved to of had when I last had mine done a couple of weeks ago, just that I can't because of work (boooo!!!)


I used some papers by Echo Park that have been in my stash for ever... I kept it quite neutral as I wanted the image to pop :-)  No idea who made the rose stamp to the left of the image, but I thought it went quite well with the card!

I decorated the inside of the card to match


In preparation for my recent colour change (I've gone a bit red ombre... well it was red ombre when I had it done... it seems like my hair did not want to be red as most of it has washed out already.... humf!) I did a bit of searching on Pinterest to get some ideas, and found these lush pics

ahh! LOVE love love love! so many amazing colours. The grout in her bathroom though... lol! No white towels!Warning: These 20 Purple Hairstyles Will Make You Want to Dye Your Hair via Brit + Co.
Warning: These 20 Purple Hairstyles Will Make You Want to Dye Your Hair via Brit + Co.

 If you like the purple look this is a great source of inspiration





 I coloured her dress in greys, and added a pop of pink here and there, and a dash of glitter to her headdress, shoes, and glove thingys (I'm sure there is a proper name for them, but I have no idea what it is!!)
Please can I enter these challenges
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge - All Layers/No layers (I've gone for lots and lots!!)
Come and Get It Challenge - Tic-Tac-Toe (Die Cut-Design Paper-Ribbon)
Suzy Bee's Challenge - Anything Goes w/twist - Make it Girlie
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes
Wags and Whiskers - Lots of layers

That's it from me today - have a great week

Hugs

Sue xxx


11 comments:

julie_woolston said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sue, love the papers and image.
Hugs Julie xxx

Sarah said...

She looks fabulous with the backdrop of silvery greys, such amazing hair!! xx

Elaine Stark said...

I love how the image stands out from the background. Great hair. Elaine

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card and image thanks for sharing with SBBC his week Rachel dt

applejack cards by sue said...

I absolutely adore this! I love the beautiful image with those touches of glitter and that fabulous bow. Her hair is wonderful and oh dear... when anyone includes a link to those hair colours I lose myself for ages just browsing through the images. I would love those colours on my hair. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting from the Heart. Sue DT x

Brenda said...

Your design definitely put the beautiful hair in the spotlight! Wonderful! <3 Brenda

Mari K. said...

Oh her hair looks fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs this week!
-Mari K.
Incy Wincy DT

* Shell B.* said...

Fabulous card, great colors for your image & design!

Glad that you could join us for the challenge at Come And Get It…..hope to see you back soon!

¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~
http://akstamping.blogspot.com

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Stunning card Sue and I've got total "hair envy" now!!!!! Love that she pops off the card at you. Thanks for sharing your creativity at Incy Wincy Designs this week.
Helen x (DT)

Anonymous said...

Totally gorgeous card hunny I love the cool greys and her hair is blinking awesome so pretty love the colours :)

Lori Turner said...

This is awesome, Sue! I love her pop of colors against the greys!! GORGEOUS!