Pages

background

Followers

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge 45 - Birthday Greetings

Hello!!

This week's Scrapbook Sisters Card challenge is Birthday Greetings, and I'm really sorry for pre-empting things last week, but Karen was really rather poorly and the challenge post didn't happen  so my Birthday Greetings part 1 card  - here - kinda gave the game away... so sorry (embarrassed face!!) 

Anyway, I decided to make a bit of a funky card this time round, and it ended up with a bit of all sorts on there, but I kind of like it, and check out the wall behind her - I got busy with the very much neglected brayer (after I had washed the dust off it!!) and inked up my TH brick wall embossing folder, how great does it make it look!!  I think I'll be doing this MUCH more in the future... LOL, don't say you weren't warned!!

Without further waffle from me, here's my card


Did you notice it's NOT square!!  Square is my go to shape, but it's good to make something different, even if different is just a rectangle!!  The layout is based on one of the lovely Card Patterns ones from a week or so ago


I used one of my Kenny K images and coloured her up with my copics... and I think she looks fabulous, even if I do say so myself!!

These papers are by the MME Father and Son collection, but I think they work well with this image... and the fabby wall as they don't scream BOY at you, and are perfect for girls who're into pretty, but not pink!! :-).  The scallops are cut with a MS punch, and I dropped it right down so only the top bits were showing.

The Lace, ribbon, button and flowers are all from my horde (stash no longer covers it!)  and the tickets are from my PTI set (so wish they were readily available in the UK, as the postage to the UK is horrendous!!) stamped onto white CS and distressed.. A LOT.. I should have worn gloves as I looked like I'd been fingerprinted :-D

Hope you like it - please can I enter these challenges

More tomorrow, thanks for looking!!
Sue xx

P.S.  If you haven't noticed I've got a rather yummy blog candy on offer here, why not give it a go?!

13 comments:

Diane's Card Designs said...

Wow I love this image and your colouring is fantastic.
Diane :-) xx

Julie said...

Got to sat it Sue,fab card but absolutely magnificent colouring!!!

Amanda R said...

I agree, she looks wonderful! Great coloring Sue and I like the brick wall, great background for her, very urban!

KarenB said...

Fabulous colouring - I love the way you do shading and her cheeks look amazing :)

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, your colouring is fab!Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
Claire xx

Ann Whitfield said...

Love the card and your colouring, but REALLY love what you've done to the embossed brick wall! It looks fabulous - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Janet said...

Great card and a superb brick wall! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.

Janet xx

Whimsey said...

Super cute; fabby brick wall - love the colors!

Annette said...

Cute girlie, love her expression. She has such a cute face. Great colouring too. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at 2 Sisters this week. Good luck in the draw. Annette xx

Carol said...

Fabulous card, love the brick wall. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time and I hope we see you again soon. Carol DT x

Sadilla said...

very nice pretty card!
thanks for joining us at THE PIXIE COTTAGE
hugs
Sadia

Amber (bambi64) said...

Too cute!! Thanks for joining us over at The Pixie Cottage!!

Karen Howard said...

What a cute card, thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage! Hugs, Karen