Pages

background

Followers

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Summer Birthday

Hello!!

Day two of my holiday already, and I had time yesterday to make this card.  There's no new Ladybug Crafts Ink Challenge today as the

Summer Birthday

challenge runs all month, so you still have a few days left to get your entries in, and this month you can enter up to three times.  I've still been struggling to comment but all of the entries look amazing and I can see I'm going to have a tough job picking the top three come the closing date!!

Despite the half hearted summer that we seem to be having in my little corner of the world, I decided to crack out the brights and make a bright and bold card this week - this is the reverse of the Beach Babe  - Tropical by Fancy Pants paper that I used last week, and it couldn't be more different in feel as it's all poppy and loud where as the other side is soft and quite vintage, which is odd as normally one side usually co-ordinates with the other!!  Not that I am complaining as I love both sides :-D  I also used a precut card blank by Craftwork Cards - a bit of a cheat as I can make my own with the Cricut, but these are pretty good quality and work out at a reasonable price!

I used this weeks Mojo Monday Sketch, and kept it all quite simple, just for a change!!


I couldn't resist glittering up Nikki's dress though :-D .. and finishing the inside...


Nothing too elaborate though!!

Supplies
Stamps - Winestool Nikki and It's Only Words 1, both Ladybug Crafts Ink
Papers and CS - Co'dinations Exotic OrchidL Bo Bunny Pink Punch Double dot cardstock, Beach Babe  - Tropical; Craftwork Cards Scalloped card blank
Other - Copics, Momento Inkpad, Peony versamark; Glamour Dust

I'd like to enter my card into these challenges
Karen's Doodles Challenge - Bingo (Buttons, Ribbon, Flowers)

Thanks for stopping by... I am hoping to post again later today... if I do you are not going to want to miss it!!

Sue xx

8 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh nikki's dress looks fab Sue .. perfect for a summer ball ! So elegant and the papers are so pretty.
Lisa x

Anne said...

cute as a button, thanks for playing along with Karen's Doodles this week and good luck
Anne x

Elaine ♥ said...

Fab card just perfect for our challenge :)

Thanks for joining us at Karens Doodles this week :)

Elaine ♥

Pami said...

Gorgeous Sue! LOVE her dress!! Perfect summer colours. Pami x

Shelby said...

I love the Fancy Pants summer collection! I like how you kept the card simple and it makes everything pop even more. Beautifully done.

Thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles this week and hope you'll join us again with your lovely designs

Shelby

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Sue, what a gorgeous card. I love the sweet image and beautiful sunshine colours. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at charisma cardz this week. Hugs, Denise x

Nancy said...

Brilliant card, sue:O) Great colours, love the fun image.
Thank you for joining Karen's Doodles, good luck!
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Kerry said...

Winestool Nikki's dress is soooo sparklicious Sue!!! I think it's a crime NOT to glitter it up lol. The whole card is flab xx