Pages

background

Followers

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Scrapbook Sisters mid-way reminder, and a card for a special friend

Hello!

There's no new challenge at Scrapbook Sisters this week as the Anything Goes challenge is running for two weeks while the girls take a well earned holiday!

Anyway, I thought I'd post a card anyway, I guess I've just got into the habit and it seems strange to me not to post anything on a Wednesday morning!


I made this card for a friend, who has had a tough week and used some Bo Bunny Timepiece papers, and stamped the butterflies on some Bo Bunny Chiffon Double Dot papers.  The ribbon is some bias binding I picked up at the weekend at a little stall in a nearby shopping centre, the picture doesn't do it justice but it is quite lovely and I think I need to get some more!  Another of the Jenni Bowlin pins makes an appearance, at this rate I think I'm going to need to buy some more!

The sentiment in the middle is one that means a lot to me as I find the words have brought great comfort at difficult times.  They were found in the prayer book kept at a local church after one of the elderly parishioners passed away.  Tucked in amongst the pages were bits of paper, all with lovely thoughts and this is one of them - as you can't read them very well in the picture, here's the words

For each valley there’s a hilltop,

For each raindrop there is sun,

For each twilight there’s a dawning,

When dark hours of night are done.

For each thistle there’s a flower,

For each tear there is a smile,

Your sorrow will give way to joy,

In just a little while

 Aren't they lovely?  Such a pretty way of saying things will get better in time

Please may I enter these challenges
Scrappy Frogs - Something that flies (I'm hoping the butterflies count!)
That's it from me today!  Thanks for looking

6 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

The card is gorgeous ... as are those words.. i should know as its sat on my mantelpeace and gives me strength every time i look at it
Thank you my dear friend.
Lisa xx
ps that pin is gorgeous!

Kerry said...

What a beautiful card Sue and beautiful words...I love the colours you've used xx

Crafty Loops said...

This is absolutely beautiful, I love the earthy tones. Lee x

Shelby said...

Wonderful prayer and I absolutely adore the that paper! Thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles for our quote challenge.

Shelby

Basslady said...

this is absolutely classy and noble!

GREAT job!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Ginny said...

lovely, , thanks for joining us at Karens Doodles :)