Pages

background

Followers

Thursday, 26 January 2012

Just for a change a mans card!!

Hello!!

Today I am sharing a card one of my colleagues asked me to make for another of our colleagues, but OMG he's a man!!  I have the usual cardmakers block when it comes to making cards for men but I know he has a dry sense of humour, so this Bugaboo image was just the ticket :-D

Here's what I came up with


I took it in today and she gave it to him and he really liked it - she said she was a bit worried but he saw the humour... phew!!

I used some MME papers, and ran the checked piece through my ribbler for a but of texture.  I wanted to use ribbon, but that can look a bit feminine so used an olive grosgrain and looped it through a couple of holes .  A button from my stash tied with a bit of floss added a bit of interest, but kept it masculine :-D

Gotta love this Bugaboo image though, check out his slippers
I added glossy accents to his glasses, for a bit of a goggly look to his eyes

Please may I enter these challenges
Make It Monday with Kraft Outlet - Tie it Up (I hope the floss through the button and the ribbon counts!)

Thats it from me today, I'm trying to create a bit more this week, in the vague hope my mojo comes back with a bit of cajoling!!  Have a great weekend

Sue xx





16 comments:

Esther said...

Hilarious, made me laugh out loud!
Great design too!
Thanks for joining us at CTO!

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is fabulous Sue.. i don't think there is anything wrong with your mojo.. i love the bugaboo images for men.. and the papers are wonderful.. a huge success i think
Lisa x

ScrappyRae10 said...

LOL I love the colors and OF COURSE the old man! LOL Thanks for playing with CTO!!

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

hehe this is super fabby and I just love your layout! Can not help but smile reading this :)) Thanks for playing laong with us this week at The Crafty Pad!

carol said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for playing along with our challenge at CRAFT, good luck, x carol

Whimsey said...

LMBO - that's great; love how you did the ribbon treatment! Nothing girly 'bout that!

Adrian said...

Awesome love the Gus images! Thanks for playimng @ CTO!

Tracy said...

Those guy cards are toughies, but you picked a great image and a great sketch. I recently used this one too. :-) Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at The Kraft Journal!

Pauline said...

He he! This is such a fun card for a guy! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

girlia said...

Amazing job! Thanks for joining us this week at CTO

Celeste said...

great manly card... I always struggle with those...
Stopping by to invite to visit Link Up for Pink's new website: www.linkupforpink.com
We are celebrating with several giveaways! :)

Trimgym said...

Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3. Happy New Year!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Dilsaver Designs said...

Such a wonderful LO with your oh so fun image and sentiment, great card! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our Masculine Birthday Challenge :)

JustYolie said...

Hahaha!! Too funny!!!

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card and love Gus, thanks for joining Craft this week

Helen said...

Hey this is a great card - perfect masculine card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Ribbon Reel this fortnight!!