Pages

background

Followers

Sunday 12 May 2013

(A bit late) New Arrival @ LCI

Hello!

Gosh it's been a little while!  Work nightmare continue, but I have been making the time to craft, not least because I have been going to my friend Karen's crafty evenings :-D  I've really been enjoying seeing old friends again, although as always there's often more coffee drunk, cake eaten and catching up than crafting!

The result is that I've actually got stuff to share - well I did until my internet died a death last week, just as I was about to post this card.  Anyway, shiny new router (or whatever it is called, although it would have been far more helpful if the delivery guy hadn't just left it round the back of the garage, but, I dunno, actually tried to see if we were home (we were!).  Just as well it was wrapped in plastic and the rain hadn't got through... Tusk... well at least I'm back on now, even if it's taken an extra day :-D

There I go again with the blah blah blah...

So on Tuesday the new release of Baby Billie images from LCI are released, and as always they are fabby and perfect, and the image I've used is spot on for when there's more than one new arrival, but more on that in a minute!

You can check out all the DT's cards by visiting their links on the main LCI Challenge Blog, and there are oodles of prizes on offer, so why not have a peek!

OK, so I'm going to fess up and admit to loving my fellow DT Lauries white and kraft card (here) that she posted a while back, so I took inspiration from her colour scheme, and took away and added bits and bobs here and there (Laurie... are we still friends, or do I need to grovel and/or send cash?). 

I was going to heat emboss the back bit of kraft, but for the life of me I can't find my heat gun, I'm going to search the garage next as I suspect HB has nicked it to put heat shrink wrap round some cables on the mini!

So here's my card


And a close up of the sweet Twins! image... the greeting on the front reads Congratulations!, but only because I didn't have a "Commiserations" stamp... LOL!  I did this one as a boy/girl twins card, but the image would look equally as cute coloured up for twin girls or boys

I used some of my new dies for this card - I've been hankering after this fence die for ages and this card seemed perfect for it's first outing, and when I saw this image the baby clothes die just happened to fall in my basket too... no idea how that happened!


Hope you like it

Please may I enter these challenges
As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Die/Punch (I love this card, it's quite fussy, but not too cluttered, and love the neutral colours too)

Sue xx

11 comments:

DesignerDiva said...

Lol Sue you are funny! I'd forgotten about my White and kraft card ( I had to follow your link to see which one it was!!)
I love your twins card, it really is pretty and your new dies are fab - so many lovely dies and I want them all lol
I had twins, a boy and a girl, they will be 24 next month!!!
Hugs Laurie xx

Hazel said...

A lovely twins card and I love your dies. You get addicted to buying them - I already have one fence but now I need the one you've used. Hazel x

Susan said...

Very cute - the kraft and white are perfect xx

Carol said...

So cute Sue. Thanks for going monochromatic at CFAS. Carol DT x

Whimsey said...

Sooooo very cute & totally worth the wait!! Love the fence & those onesies...EEEEEKKKKKK!!!

Adorable-brilliant to put them together like this!

Lucy Patrick said...

Aww, this is so sweet Sue!! I love the brown and white colour combo and the LCI baby Billie images are so darn cute!! Thanks for joining in at Paper Crafting Journey this challenge, good luck in the draw, XOX Lucy

Highland Handmade said...

So pretty and totally cute. love all of the brown and white! Well worth the wait! xxx

Kerry said...

Crafting seems to be a challenge for a lot of people these days...me included..but glad you got there in the end Sue! I may have to send Laurie some cash too because I LOVE the kraft and white together. Super duper cute onesie die which I don't have but I may have the fence! xx

Julie said...

Ohhhh Sue, Babys and kraft!!! What a brilliant look! loving your card, Julie.x

Anonymous said...

tehhehhee I can see why those 2 dies fell into your basket they are fabulous! love the colour combo of your card LOVE the Kraft! and also LOVE the dies! Thanks for joining in with our first challenge at As You Like It,
hugs Samantha :0)

Julie said...

How adorable! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
Julie t