Pages

background

Followers

Saturday 1 January 2011

New Year, New beginnings...

Good Grief, I've been SUCH a bad blogger over the last couple of weeks, so firstly I hope you had a great Christmas and wish you a

Very Happy New Year

Gosh, where do I start!  Just a quick catch up - well I got ALL of my Christmas shopping done on the 22nd, then food shop on the 23rd, 24th was spent tiding up the house and (sob) clearing my craft stuff off the dining room table so we weren't eating off our laps, before taking the kids to the panto (VERY disappointed in it this year)

Christmas Day was at home with two very excited kids, and Boxing Day was at my in laws. 

We were supposed to be going up to my parents on the 27th (they had popped round for a couple of hours on Christmas Day), but my Dad was taken poorly again (he's been to the doctor and they have changed his tablets again, fingers crossed it's under control now), either way he wasn't up to it so we've postponed it until he feel well enough...

28th was at a friends then 29th and 30th HB and I went away for a couple of days - I had thought I could do a bit of shopping, and had checked out a couple of craft shops that I fancied a visit to, but he was surveying a couple of sites for his work (he works for a company that makes signs that go on shops, car firms, hotels etc), but I ended up helping him, and no time for shopping (humph!!), still it was good to get away and spend some time together without the ankle biters :-)

Last night we were joined for new year by my sister- and brother-in-law, and HB's parents,  after having a hectic few days I took the easy option and made a home-made lasagna - and it was very much a case of this is what I've cooked eat it or go hungry, and take us as you find us!!  We watched the fireworks on the telly and popped a bottle of something fizzy.  Mind you, by the time they had all left and I'd tidied up a bit it was 2.30am!! 

So today was the first day I have actually done any crafting, and it took me an age to get going, couldn't find the papers I wanted, then fussed over the colours.   It seemed quite appropriate that as it's a New Year that I should do a New Baby card... or two... if nothing else my SIL is expecting in March and has not found out if she's having Type A or Type B, so colouring practice on both is required!!  It also seemed quite appropriate as this stamp is (I think!) the very first stamp I bought, so a bit look back, look forward... oooh that's a bit philosophical isn't it!!

As my Mojo was still sleeping I took it easy and kept 'em simple - they are both the same, but I can't decide which one I like best so pics of them both!!







I used one of the Nesties sets Santa kindly gave me which I think looks really good as it echos the pattern on the paper (honest, that was deliberate!!), and one of the lovely border punches that I found under the tree too :-)  It also gave me a good excuse to use the rather cute teddy bear charms!!

Supplies:  Image - Stampendous; Papers MME; CS - Bazzill; MS Border Punch; Nestabilities Labels 5; Ribbon; Charms; Sewing Machine; MS Border Punch

I'd like to enter this card for these challenges
Drunken Stampers - Use Something New (Nesties and Border Punch)


Thanks for stopping by, I am hoping to get cracking tomorrow and be able to share something else!

Sue xx

17 comments:

Julie said...

Ooohh Sue,it's so good to see you,was beginning to think that Santa had hijacked you!!! I too had to put away my stash to free up the laps! can't find a blikin thing now :( ! I love both of the cards though pink is always a favourite with me,I love the insides too! Happy New Year to you and yours,Julie.x

Suzi Mac said...

These are just so cute Sue, love both of them to bits. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Crafts this week with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Pami said...

Hi Sue, good to have you back!! Fabulous couple of cards, the image is very sweet!! Your colouring is fab. Happy New Year. Pami x

cowboydutrem said...

Beautiful cards! Love them both!

Helen Ann said...

They're gorgeous though the pink one gets my vote - can't resist pink lol Hel x

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Hi Sue, sounds like you've had an incredibly busy time! But that's what Christmas is about, it's lovely to be surrounded by Christmassy things, excited children and family/friends.
I hope you find some time to do some crafty shopping soon, I know I get withdrawals if I can't shop LOL!!
Both cards are gorgeous, I guess because I've made a lot of cards for baby girls recently (must be something in the water around here!) I'd have to side with the girl card if I had to pick my favourite!
Hugs
xxx

Lynne said...

Love them both!!! they look cute in blue or pink :o) thanks for sharing them with us at Fairy Fun Friday xx Lynne and the FFF Team xx

Whimsey said...

Super cute; love them both, such a great image! Love the inside and the outside - fab job as ALWAYS!

Anita said...

Sue, both of these cards are super cute. That image is so adorable and the papers are really pretty.

Bev W said...

Hi Sue. Sounds like you had a hectic christmas and new year. Hope your Dad is on the mend. Glad to see you back in blog land.

Love the new baby cards. Last week one of our teachers had a baby girl and I used the same stamp. I am sure that you showed me the stamp yonks ago and just had to buy it there and then. Its a gorgeous stamp.

Happy new year to you and hope to see you soon xx

Kerry said...

I'm sooooo glad you're back Sue..I was beginning to wonder (worry) if you'd won the lottery (left us) and skipped town without (saying goodbye)sharing the good news lol. If I haven't done anything for a while (my blog says it all!) I always go back to basics and repeat until my mojo kicks in. These baby cards are super cute and a great way to start the New Year! xx

Highland Handmade said...

They are beautiful!! I love the cards, the blue is my favourite but then you know that I don't *do* pink! LOL x

Terry said...

Beautiful baby cards! Anyone would love to receive those! Hope your dad is doing better!

Lesley said...

Cute cards! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

CuddlyBunny said...

Awww! How cute are your new baby cards? I love them!

Thanks for joining us at Drunken Stampers, especially considering how busy you've obviously been! Kudos!

Suzi Mac said...

Utterly adorable as I've said earlier but I have my other DT hat on and want to thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday this week with your lovely creations.
Hugs
Suzi x

Kelly said...

I love when babies first come out of the bath, they smell so sweet!! Thanks for joining us at FFF, we look forward to seeing your future creations.