Pages

background

Followers

Sunday 13 February 2011

To quote Monty Python... And now for for something completely different!


Just for a change I thought I'd share a Scrapbook page I completed yesterday... I know!!! A scrapbook page!!  Completed!! I can only hope Julie and Karen (and my friends and classmates) from Scrapbook Sisters where I attend a fortnightly scrapbooking classes are sitting down - either that or there was just a rather loud thud as they hit the floor, cos I haven't actually completed a page in absolutely ages!!

OK so the story behind this page - as soon as I saw the Mask images by the lovely Gayle (which I have used on cards here and here) I wanted to use one of them to go with this picture, which I took during the Venice Festival when I went on a school trip to the area... OMG!!!... 21 years ago.  Venice has been one of those places that stayed in my heart, although I am glad I went in February as I understand it can get a bit pungent in the summer months :-).  I have completed a couple of layouts using my pictures from this trip previously but I just couldn't figure how to use this picture as the colours are quite unusual, and because it is a print from the original 35mm I have had to go with the dimensions as was, rather than crop and enlarge like I would now using my digital camera.  That said, considering I was only 16 at the time I managed to get quite a few decent pictures using my manual camera (the thought of no auto focus sends me cold now, but aged 16 I just got on with it!), and I had no flash so the colours are whatever the light allowed :-)

Right enough waffle... I'm assuming Julie, Karen and my friends have regained their composure and I can safely show you a picture of the finished  page :-)


Apologies for my rubbish photos (maybe I should learn from my 16-year old self and take the camera out of automatic and see if I can get the thing to take a better picture that way!)

And some close ups...

Of the actual photo (and yes, there are real people in there, they were just sitting by the canal, in pose!!)


Of the lovely rolled flowers and die cut scrolls


and of course of the mask itself, which has been coloured with copics and glittered with stickles


Hope you like it, I've got loads going on this week, so I am having a quiet day, although I have got to pop up to my parents at lunch and borrow my dad's workshop to finish something off... all will be revealed next week :-)

Until then, have a great week :-)

Sue xx

10 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

wowee this is fabulous Sue - i love the colours and the layout
Lisa ;)

Highland Handmade said...

WOW!! this is so pretty! the colours look amazing and I love these masks you keep on making!! well done on getting a *full* page finished!! x

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

WOW!!! Sue, this is so beautiful!!! I always feel really proud when I have completed a layout as like you, I seem to never get around to finishing layouts and am always working on them and never completing them! The colours are beautiful and I love all the handmade elements!
xx

Pami said...

This is beautiful page Sue!! So perfect for the photo and I love the colours and the flowers. Pami x

Julie said...

Oh my word,you have certainly done justice to your photo and the mask looks so perfect you'd think it was designed especially for you and your layout,brilliant,Julie.x

vicky said...

Wow this is just beautiful Sue, I love it. The mask compliments the photo perfectly xx

karen said...

Beautiful layout Sue. Now I know why you wanted the mask:)

gayle said...

Wow Sue. Fantastic layout. The colours are beautiful! x

Cheryl said...

Your page is gorgeous! I love the colors and the details.

Whimsey said...

WOW - it's beautiful; LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the colors!