Pages

background

Followers

Saturday 16 April 2011

A little bit early!

Hi

Hope you are OK and are enjoying the weekend - I'm freezing here!  I think my body got used to the warmer weather we had last week and it's now protesting now the temperature has returned to normal!!  I've turned the heating back on (don't tell HB!!) and am staying indoors attempting to get some projects finished, not that the kids seem to be in the mood to let me do so!

In the space of two minutes when I was loading the washing machine my youngest managed to find my make up bag, empty it, locate the powder, open it and tip it out everywhere.  Little horror.  And OMG!!  I'm going to be shiney until I get to the shops and buy some more!!

A prolonged stay on the naughty step did little to curb his enthusiasm for reaking havoc and he was next found in the bathroom, carefully unwrapping, err, well you can imagine... I suppose I should be grateful the little monster didn't actually try to eat them or he'd have got an almighty shock!!

To calm myself I decided to make some cards using one of the stamps I got from Ally Pally last week (my first Stamping Bella stamp!!).  I can now be slightly smug and say that I now have 4 Christmas cards completed :-)  Only another 50 or so to go :-(



Supplies: Santa's Clothes a Dryin', Stampin Bella; Kraft, Black Dotty and Red CS; Charms; Buttons; Black Pearls; Red Ribbon; Jute; Cuttlebug Snowflakes and Swiss Dots embossing folders; MS Snowflake Punch; Nesties Deckled Rectangles;; Copics; Glossy Accents; Woodware Fluffy Stuff; Crystal Glitter; Stickles.

I'd like to enter this card for these challenges please :-)


Before I go, quick update on my Dad - he is now home and looks much better - they now know what caused his heart attack and are treating it.  On the downside they have said that he really needs a heart bypass, but that it is not possible because of his age, and so they are trying to treat it with drugs instead, and I don't think he is keen on surgery anyway, which at his age is understandable with all the risks it entails.  So for now it is a case of watch and wait to see how he gets on - a huge thanks to everyone that has sent their good wishes, it means a lot :-)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, thanks for stopping by, Sue xx

17 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. he is a little monkey lol.. i would have given him the u know whats for tea with beans .. that'd teach him..
Love the Christmas card ... that image is fab
And great news about your dad .. glad he is home.. and i guess it would be too risky to operate ... at least they can treat him with drugs
Lisa x

pinky said...

Oh dear, sounds like the naughty step is getting great use today Sue lol. Your xmas card is just gorgeous though love that stamp!! I'm glad your dad is out of hospital, thats a great sign and hopefully the drugs will do their job.

Pami said...

Oh dear Sue! What a naughty boy!! Hope you managed to replace the powder! Great card, I love that image! Good news about your Dad being home. Pami x

Amanda R said...

Oh Sue, I laughed out loud while reading your post today! So glad you dad is home and doing better and love your card! This is one of my favorite stampin bella images, love the clotheslines she has. Great job!

Mary J said...

I love this, Sue! SBs are so cool and your Xmas card is fabby!

happyglitzygirl said...

Great card, lovely image. Thanks for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, blessings Hilde

Whimsey said...

I sooooo love your card; the images are fantabulous!!! Love all the details - they really "make it"!

Glad your dad is home - just being home, he'll be able to rest better. I'll be praying for him!

vicky said...

Laughing at small ones antics :-D So glad your dad is home and doing well (hugs) xxx

Ren-Yi said...

It's never too early to get xmas cards done :) Love the image and the coloring. well done & thanks for playing with us at Mami Doodles.

Elke said...

Love the stamp you have used, its great. Thanks for joining us over at CCC. Good luck.

Elke XX

Elke said...

Love the stamp you have used, its great. Thanks for joining us over at CCC. Good luck.

Elke XX

cheryl said...

oh great card just love the image,bless you for playing at creativecraft challenge love hugs cheryl xxxx

Anonymous said...

This is such a wonderful creation Sue. It also reminded me to finish a few xmassy projects on my table ;o)) Thank you so much for participating in the Mami Doodles Challenge with it and good luck in the draw!xx

The Spotted Chick said...

Oh Sue, honey it ain't NEVER too early to start on Christmas cards. I know I'll be the one SUPER jealous as you will be finished and I will not have even begun! *sigh* LOVE this Bella image. That red and black with the KRAFT is one of my FAV combinations too! GOR-JUSS! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}

Mami Doodles said...

Great card, I love it, even though I only start thinking about Christmas late November.
LOL at your son antics and wishing your Dad all the best.

Mami Doodles said...

Oh yes, thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

Julie said...

Just seen that you won at Creative Craft Sue,congratulations!.x