Pages

background

Followers

Monday 6 June 2011

Anyone for Tennis...

A little frenzy about tennis seems to have broken out at my work... watching it, playing it, buying outfits for it, you name it...

I have no intention of getting in on this new office fad, and this is as far as I will go!!  One of the tennis ladies asked me to make a tennis themed card for one of her friends, so I thought all white seemed appropriate!

Now there aren't that many tennis themed images out there, I only found ones by Kenny K and the one I settled on, Tennis Anya, from the Greeting Farm.  I probably could have found others by having a more thorough search, but I wanted to get on with the card!!

Anyway, duely purchased and printed, I got out loads of white CS and got cracking :-)


As ever I find it nearly impossible to take a picture of a white card!!

The layout is from this weeks Sketch Saturday Challenge

There is loads and loads of texture and detail on here, it's just hiding!! So please excuse the additional pics...



Grrr!!, so there's a Cuttlebug Dotty Swiss and a QuickKutz Diamonds embossing folder in there, plus a Tim Holtz "On The Fence" die cut.  I'm looking at it now and wondering if I should have popped a flourish on there somewhere, but hey ho, never mind!!

The sentiment is by PTI and I think the pom pom border is by Bazzill, (but it seems a bit smaller than the other stuff I have got by them so maybe not!!)  I like the look of this stuff as it reminds me of tennis balls, although I suppose to be accurate I should have used the yellow pom-pom!!  I replenished my white ribbon stock the other day so now have a few different widths of the lovely Berrisfords satin ribbon.



Anya was printed onto Neenah CS and coloured with Copics and a touch of stickles to her sun visor (OK, so it's a VERY glittery sun visor!!) and she has been 3D'd on a Nestie, which has in turn been 3D'd onto the card.  The flowers are Wild Orchid and another bunch which I got at Ally Pally

I'd like to enter my card into these challenges please
Sweet Stampin - Playing in the Summer Sun (does this card qualify - I hope so as they stop play when it rains!!)

Thanks for looking!  Back with something BRIGHT tomorrow :-)

Sue xx

15 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

aww this is so sweet Sue .. love the white on white and the little pom pom balls
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Karen Hasheck said...

Great card! Love all the details! And I love the name of your blog- it is so true for me too:) Thanks for joining us at Paper Creations Ink!

Teresa said...

Smashing card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week
Teresa xx

Tracey T said...

Ooh this is clever - it's not easy to do mostly white and keep it full of interest without it being overdone. Perfectly put together! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Pami said...

This is so cute Sue! I love that little image! I love how you have created so much texture and those little pom poms are just fabulous! Thanks for joining in at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

Mary J said...

Very sweet, Sue! Beautifully put together - I love all the little details!!

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful creation. I love white on white.Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin this week, and also Fab'n'Funky! xx Jenny xx

Amanda R said...

Sue this is too cute! Now you are gonna start another trend where everyone has to have a glittered visor!

Anonymous said...

White cards are hard, this looks wonderful All things Paper, Create...Learn....Share

Anita said...

Sue, this is so adorable. That image is so cute and I love all the white. that pom pom trim is perfect.

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Such a fun card and a great layout love the sweet Anya image...

Thanks for joining in our all white challenge this week at Allsorts

Emma xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Sue - The pop-poms are just perfect with the tennis theme, and what a glamorous little tennis-player. Love the die cut border and all the texture and detail.

Thank you for joining us at the MAWTT challenge this week - hope to see you again, hugs, Sylvia x

Dawn said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for joining in on our texture challenge at OSCC!

Mummylade said...

what a wonderful creation. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

Melissa Czapor said...

Beautiful work!! Thanks for playing with Paper Creations Ink. Blessings!