Pages

background

Followers

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Totally Ladybug Tuesday - Challenge 31 - Male theme

Good Morning!!!

This week over at Ladybug Crafts Ink Challenge it is the turn of the lovely Pam to set the challenge.  Well I say lovely, but seeing as she has asked us to make


cards and projects, I'm not so sure :-D

Luckily with Fathers Day just around the corner I had no excuse to procrastinate (ooh, look at me and the big words!!) as I have got about 8 to make, and before you think I've got some really odd family set up, no it's just the total needed from my kids to HB, and to their Granddads, and from us to our respective parents... so 8 it is!!  Oh my word, that is quite a lot isn't it, I'd best get cracking on them!!

You don't have to make a fathers day card, any male themed card is just fine!

If you have time why not pay the other Ladybugs a visit, as this week we are welcoming the lovely Julie as a GDT member while Hayley takes a little break.

OK, so enough of the blah blah blah and onto my card

I decided to use Football Jack, just love his little cheeks!!  I have to say my youngest son is starting to look like Jack... I think it's that cheeky boy look!! 



I used some of the new My Mind's Eye - Lime Twist "Out of The Blue", some Dotty Bazzill, and some Blue Ric-Rac.  The sentiment on the front is one of the ones that comes with the Olivia set from the BFF collection, although it's probably best not to let Jack know that they are from a girls set, as I don't think he'd appreciate it, LOL!  I was going to use some of the football die cuts that I cut a few weeks ago, but as I'd done this card as an A6 size, they looked a bit too big, and I found these footballs lurking at the bottom of my embellishment drawer which were a better size



After breaking my Martha Stewart stars punch a while ago I was border less but decided to give welding some stars up in the Cricut design programme thingy a go, and I think it works quite well!!

I went all simple for the inside, leaving enough room for Sam to try and sign it!!




Thanks for popping in, hope you like today's card :-)

Sue xx

P.S.  Please can I enter my card into these challenges

30 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

OH this is so cute Sue - and i absolutely love those stars .. they are so much fun!
Lisa x

Mary J said...

Fantastic, Sue! I love all of your details, especially the embossing and footballs!

Pami said...

I am being picked on today!! You rocked the male theme Sue! I love the paper (of course) and love your star border detail! Have a great day. P x

Highland Handmade said...

Beautiful card, love the papers you have used and fab border! xx

pinky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pinky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pinky said...

Its just gorgeous Sue, love that image and really need to get him. Loving that star border punch too.

Amanda R said...

Nice job with the stars! I always say I am gonna use my slice more but haven't so it is nice to see someone else do it so well. Great colors, very patriotic over here and I love the soccer ball!

Anita said...

This is so cute Sue. I love your stitching and those football embellishments are fabulous.

Jan said...

Great card thanks for joining us at CFAS xx Jan DT

Sandra DeFalco said...

Sue - Perfect card for a Kid to give to a Dad!
Thanks for playing in our 'Wedding OR Father's Day' Challenge #23!
♥ Sandi
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Cards By MI said...

Really cute card! Thanks for playing with us over at TPS Challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Whimsey said...

Super cute card; your coloring is just flabulous! Love the stars down the side - brilliant!

Love the inside too, adorable layering!!

Anonymous said...

brilliant card! thank you for sharing this cute little image with us at HCTB's Woo x

Crafty Lynz said...

Fab card, such a cute image!

Thanks for joining us at SFC.

Hugs, Lynsey

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the image!

Thank you for joining us at SFC, good luck!
hugs shell xx

lisa said...

That's a lot of cards you have to create, good luck with them all.
I adore this one, what a cute little guy with his laces undone. The papers you've used are perfect for him.
Thanks so much for joining us at The Stampman this time.
Hugs Lisax

Kerry said...

One down 7 to go!!! Flabulous card Sue...love the pp, colours and those stars look great up the side. Your colouring is perfect. xx

Christine said...

Love it! He is cheeky! What an adorable design. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.

Anonymous said...

Very cute card...I like the image and the use of the stars. Nice. Thanks for taking part in this week's Come and Get it Challenge Blog.

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at TPS.................
Hugs
Judith

Julie said...

Brilliant card Sue! I can see you're going to have to give me some tips with the old Cricut!!!!

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great Card, Love the job on the coloring, Thanks for playing along with us at Come and Get It.
Cindy

* Shell B.* said...

Wonderful job on your card....what a fun image, so cute!
Thanks for joining us this week at Come and get It Challenges!

Shell~Alaska♥
CGI~DT

Pattie G said...

Sue,
What a cute card! I love how you used our theme for this week’s challenge. Thanks for joining us this week at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Hugs ♥

Teresa said...

Fab card and great colouring! Thanks for joining us at HCTB's challenge
Teresa xx

Lesley said...

Great card, I love the image! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx

Crafting Gill said...

Locley card thanks for joining us at SFC good luck
xxx

lynne said...

Great card, great image and i love the colour combo!

Thanks for joining us at Simply Create for our All About Dads Challenge!

Lynne x

Design og Hobby said...

Great card! Lovely stamp, and love all the matching colours!

Thanks for joining CFAS at our Fathers Day Challenge!

Hugs, Gry