Pages

background

Followers

Saturday 25 June 2011

Gotta run!!

Good afternoon!!

It's been one of those weeks where I haven't seemed to have five minutes to myself, work has been busy, and then there's been the usual running around after the kids, plus making a spanish costume, parent/teacher talks, a school event yesterday, big son to cub camp last night and then I should put in an appearance at the school fete this afternoon, but I'll see how time goes  Oh and my fortnightly scrapbook class on Tuesday!!  My poor little feet hurt!!  I popped out to Scrapbook Sisters earlierfor a bit of me time (and just a little spend... well it'd been rude not too!!)  HB and I are planning on getting MIL/FIL to babysit the small one this evening and go out for a bit of adult conversation, and a bit of a chill out.

Anyway, one of the cards I had to make was for one of small sons nursery school teachers who was leaving to move away as her HB has a job miles away :-(  She looked after big son from when he was 2 and small son from when he was 3 months, so has been a big influence on them, and I wanted to make her a special card to say thank you.  Poor love spent most of her last day in tears, it must have been so emotional to leave.

Anyway, I thought I had a bit more time to make the card than I actually did, but head ladybug Kerry came to my rescue by getting Guilty Jack to me (thanks Kerry!!)

I toyed with using kiddy papers but settles for something soft and lucious instead


I've done similar before, but I was in a massive hurry to get this one finished and this wasn't the time to get all experimental :-D



Don't you just love Jack - how can you tell him off when he looks like that :-)

I did the inside too, and the sentiment seemed appropriate for her


I can't remember who the sentiment is by, but it is from a big set of boy phrases...


I wrote on the other panel, and made her cry again!!

In case you haven't spotted it Ladybug Crafts Ink stamps are the giveaway on the front of Simply Cards and Papercraft this month - I found a copy, but they are brilliant images and are sure to sell fast, so get your's quick!!

Anyway, that's it from me today, have a great weekend

Sue xx
 

5 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is fa sue - i bet she loved it .. and the inside is as gorgeous as the outside
Lisa x

Kerry said...

Well I can tell you it was worth staying up till 1:30 Sue!!! It's gorgeous and no wonder she cried ...I'm sure she'll treasure it :-D xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Oh wow Sue this is gorgeous inside and out. I love blue and brown together and that image is just adorable.
Diane :-) xx

pinky said...

Wish I would have thought of that image for a teacher card Sue, this is just brilliant.

Amanda R said...

Wonderful card Sue! I bet she will keep it forever!