Pages

background

Followers

Wednesday 22 September 2010

A bit cheeky... but there's blog candy to be won! Updated again!!

Updated 20/09/2010 with latest of what you can win!!

OK, I'm going to be a bit cheeky here, but hear me out, and see what you think!
A friend of one of my best friends is organising a fund raising event to raise money for Ovarian Cancer Research in memory of her mum who recently lost her fight against this awful illness.  As with all forms of cancer money is needed to improve early diagnosis and treatment, but it is not as well known or as well supported as some other cancer charities, currently the survival rate is only 40% 5 years after diagnosis, which is a shocking percentage, this increases to 70% when it is caught in its early stages, but a third of sufferers aren't found until late stage and the survival rate is only 15%. 

Clearly these are appauling statistics, so she has decided to do something positive and start fundraising.  One of the things she has done is to organise a craft event and I have said that I will have a table and will donate a percentage of everything I sell to her... now in a crazy moment I also said that I would make a few special edition cards of which I would give her 100% of the takings from- and give her any that were left to help her continue her fundraising.
From this the idea grew... So, the plea... would you help out and make a card and send it to me so I can increase the number of cards that she will get all the sales money from?  My idea is that the special edition cards are based on a teal colour scheme as that is the colour of the Ovarian Cancer wristbands, ribbons etc...
The event isn't until 25th September, so I will leave this post at the top of my blog until Wednesday 22th September
As a bit of an incentive I will be putting the names of everyone who sends me a card to sell into a hat and picking one out to win some blog candy .


This currently contains
Dovecraft Winter Wonderland 8x8 paper pack
Papermania Hampstead 6x6 paper pack
Nitwit Spring Whimsy Papers and Decoupage
Whitewash Collection 6x6 Cardstock Pad
Woodware Alphabet Chippies
Woodware Hearts and Florishes Chippies
One Pack fibres
Papermania Magnetic Clasps
Daisy and Dandilion Pumpkin and Aubergine Halloween Stamps
Daisy and Dandilion Pumpkin and Aubergine Trick Or Treat A4 paper pack
Daisy and Dandilion Pumpkin and Aubergine Die Cut Decoupage pack
Halloween Buttons
Bo Bunny Flowers
Prima Self Adhesive Diamante Swirls
Prima Say It in Pearls Self Adhesive Gems
1 pack Red Candy Dots by Pebbles Inc
1 pack self adhesive Pink Jewels by Doodlebug Design Inc.3 packs of gems/pearls, one pack clear beads
1 pack Petaloo Dazzlers
1 pack Alphabet Gel Candy by KI Memories
3 packs flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and a pack of stamens
1 x pink lace ribbon
1 x black lace ribbon
2 yards Lilac Bubblegum Ribbon by Doodlebug Design Inc.
2 yarfs Tangerine Bumblebee Ribbon by Doodlebug Design Inc.
6 x 3feet assorted ribbon
£5 voucher to be spent at Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn

Stamps:
Sugar Nellie Butterfly Fairy Stamp (unmounted)
Sugar Nellie Peek a Bunny Stamp (unmounted)
Willow stamp from Whiff of Joy (unmounted)
Bella and Bronte Stamp by Mo Manning for Stampavie (cling stamp) 
Balloon Ruby by Ladybug Crafts Ink
Cupcake Ruby by Ladybug Crafts Ink
Day Off Ruby by by Ladybug Crafts Ink
Daydreaming Ruby by Ladybug Crafts Ink
Flower Ruby by Ladybug Crafts Ink
Shopping Ruby by by Ladybug Crafts Ink
Swing Ruby by Ladybug Crafts Ink
Tulip Ruby by Ladybug Crafts Ink
Fairy Sentiments by Ladybug Crafts Ink

In addition to all the stuff that I have put in, the blog candy is being very generously supported by Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn ...

The lovely Hayley has donated all this!!  Plus a £5 voucher to be spent at her on line shop!!!




and the equally lovely Kerry has donated all 8 Ruby Fairy stamps, plus the sentiments!!


If you are interested in sending me a card to raise money for this charity, please send me a message, leave a comment or add yourself to Mr. Linky below - please feel free to spread the word round blogland too!  Oh and cards from anywhere in the world are welcomed - I will post the candy worldwide

Thank you
Sue xx

32 comments:

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

I don't think it's cheeky at all Sue, I'll pledge a card and also send you a little something for the blog candy. Cancer affects us all in one way or another and it's such a worthy cause. xx

gayle said...

Fantastic idea Sue. I will gladly help out for a well deserving cause. x

Kerry said...

Count me in Sue!!! I'll send you a couple of stamps as well for your Blog Candy. You just never know what's around the corner. xx

Jeannie said...

Hi Sue, I would be more than happy to donate some cards - I'll get myself some teal cardstock in the shop on Tuesday.

Bets said...

I just found this blog via your win of the crafty den blog candy! Sooo glad I did!! I'd be more than happy to donate a card for such a good cause. OH!...........and congratulations on your win too!

Lisa Jane said...

I would love to make a card Sue - a very worthy cause
Lisa ;)

Anita said...

I've signed up Sue. I'm heading to my LSS today so I'll try to find some pretty teal papers.

cowboydutrem said...

Hello Sue! I did my best to spread the word by adding a link to your candy on this post and this one. As soon as you post a picture I can also add it to the "blog candies" section of my sidebar.

Julye said...

Hi Sue ,I think its a great idea can't find an email address to send you an email to find outwhere to send finished cards to though, so if you'd drop me a line when I've finished crafting I can post my card onto you. Great idea and thanks for allowing us to join in.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

My address is in my sidebar, send me how I can pafrticipate. I had breast cancer this spring, I know some of the ramifications of this awful disease - so YES, I'll do it!

JLJ Designs said...

Sue - I think this is a great cause. I made a card today and will be posting it on my blog this evening. However, I couldn't figure out how to send you a message to get your address to send the card. Could you email me at jljdesigns at cox dot net? I'll try and get it out tomorrow.

Thank you,
Jennifer

Sheila said...

Sue, I would love to help by making a couple of cards - I know exactly what Ovarian Cancer can do to a lady as I had it myself - now free of it after a major op last Oct so can empathise totally with your friend! Cannot see an address to post them too so can you let me know by email here pls ~
sheilamross@hotmail.co.uk
Take care and good luck with this,
Sheila:)X
will post appeal on blog now

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Oh gosh Shelia, I hope you are as well as can be now, keep fighting and stay strong. x
Added my link Sue and will pop it into the post along with some stash for your blog candy :)
xx

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Hi Sue! This is a great idea. I am going to make a card to send to you. If you please can send me your adress. You`ll find my email adress if you go into my profile in my blog, thanks. Plese send my regards to your friend that lost her mother! Hugs...Mona

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Now i have finished my card for you. I will post it first thing monday morning! I hope you don`t mind, but i have used the same card to enter 2 challenges with. I really hope you raise a lot of money. Cancer is a spooky disease. I have an aunt that is suffering from an other type of cancer and i am sorry to say that she is probabely not going to make it. They cought it too late. So if she should make it it is a genuin miracle. We only can hope and pray. Have a nice weekend. Hugs...Mona

Helen Ann said...

Hi Sue, have added a link to my card.
Where do I need to send them to?
Hel x
helen@helen-ann.com

Bets said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bets said...

Hi Sue........
I made a couple of cards for you, but where do I post them?? You can see them here
http://blackbutterfly2007.blogspot.com/2010/09/oh-what-nightand-day.html
If you send me a snail mail addy, I'll get them off on Monday!
Thanks
Lynne

Dorthe said...

Hi Sue.
I will make a card for you for this good cause - or maybe more. But where do I send them? I dont know if they can reach you in time, but I will make some today and send them tomorrow if I get an adress.
Hugs from Denmark.
mail me at hdpabst@hotmail.com

Yvonne Russell said...

A wonderful idea and I'll happily join in and send you a card.

Yvonne Russell said...

Hi Sue
I have 3 nice teal cards to send you. As I'm in Australia, I'll need to send them pronto to get them to you in time for the event on the 25th.

I've added my name and email to the Linky thing above, so wonder if you could send me an email with your mailing address please, so I can get them away asap.

A fab initiative for a great cause, and love the idea of the teal theme too.

Helen Ann said...

another card on the blog, I'll get them in the post to you hopefully tomorrow
Hel x
www.helen-ann.com

Linby said...

I'd love to make you some cards for such a worthy cause. I had a brush with this and would love to be able to support it.
I can't figure out how to send you a message! can you leave your email addy on my blog please.
Linbyx

Julye said...

Hi Sue posted my card yesturday(15th) so hopefully it will arrive real soon.

Anonymous said...

I would love to make some cards for you this evening and try to get them posted tomorrow so they will arrive on time! Where do I find your info?? xx Kelli

NHL said...

I've made some cards for you. hope they get there in time since I live in Sweden.
May I have your address, please? :-)
Nina
nihelind @ gmail.com (no spaces between the words)

NHL said...

Now the cards are on the way! But since I found your blog yeasterday evening, I had to make them in a rush. I would have liked to work on them a bit more, but I just didn't have the time :-( Hope you can sell them anyway and that they reach you in time. I've posted the blog link above.
This was a great way to hold a blog candy! I would happily do this again :-)
Keeping my fingers crossed for a good sale!

Alizabethy said...

Here are my cards http://alizabethy.blogspot.com/, I promise to send them off 1st class so they should get to you in time if you can send me your address.

NHL said...

Something went wrong when I posted with the linky. My entry- number 20 has the wrong link. I couldn't erase it, so I posted the correct link- number 22.

:-)

NHL said...

Oooooooooooooooh! What a lot of new goodies you've added!
Come on folks, send in more cards! Time's running out!

Roni said...

No Sue, not cheeky at all, just fighting for a great cause! I'm so sorry but I'm not going to be able to get a card done on time to reach you! But I'm sending you lots of hugs and hope it all goes well for you on Saturday! Roni :O) xox

Annette said...

Hi Sue, hope I am not too late,only saw your blog the other day.Ovarian Cancer is a very worthy cause Annette