Pages

background

Followers

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge Number 4 - Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend!!

Morning!  Can you believe it is Wednesday already!!

Which must mean that it is time for another Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge :-)

This week the theme is "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend", (personally I think it's craft stuff closely followed by shoes and handbags, then diamonds, but I guess the song wouldn't have sounded quite the same, so diamonds it is!)  Cue loads of bling from me then :-)

Here's my card, hope you like it!


The papers are gorgeous ones by My Minds Eye, and they seemed appropriate for this image as Cinderella was originally a French failrytale, and these papers are full of French images and text

I had a great time colouring in this image, I usually struggle with pinks as they always seem to bleed over the edge, but I think I managed OK this time!  There are so many folds in her dress that it seemed a bit difficult at first but oddly I sometimes find more complicated images like this easier to colour than simpler ones, maybe because I can see where light and shade should be!!


Only after I finished this card I remembered that I have some clock stamps, and thought I was going to have to rip it apart and start again, but on checking they were far too big and would have looked all wrong, so I left it as it was, anyway I like the Tim Holtz ticket

Supplies - Cream and Black Bazzill, My Minds Eye Lost & Found Papers, Prima gem swirls - all from Scrapbook Sisters
Stamp - Cinderella by Kraftin' Kimmi;
Other - Tim Holtz Adage Ticket (distressed with pink inkpad); Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers; Stickles; Tuxedo Black Momento Inkpad; Copics; Pink Chalk Eyes

Why not give our challenge a go this week, it's up to you how you interpret the theme!!

Thanks for stopping by

Sue xx

9 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Love the card Sue .. the bling is wonderful on a dismal drizzly morning !
LOve the text background
Lisa ;)

Eileen said...

Gorgeous card Sue. Eileen x

cowboydutrem said...

I love those blings!

Anita said...

Beautiful card, Sue. Her pink dress is gorgeous and I love the bling.

Kerry said...

Love this card Sue...just the right amount of bling! I've never done that on a card but might just have to now. xx

pinky said...

Sue I love her with all that bling!! Just gorgeous.
pinky

Julie said...

Blinging Sue,gorgeous! x

Mary J said...

Oh Sue, I love this! I gotta get my gems out and join in this challenge!

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Beautiful, love the sparkle and such a fun idea!! x