Pages

background

Followers

Friday 11 June 2010

I'm holding Julie (Rainbow Day's) totally responsible for this one :-)


I was having a sneeky peek at Julie's blog Julie's Blog, Rainbow Days the other day and she had the cutest card that she had done for the Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge number 77.  Being at a bit of a loose end (yeah, right :-) ) I had a go too, although I seem to have deviated a touch from the original design - oops! 

 Like Julie I flipped the design to landscape as it didn't look right with my image in portrait.

After going a bit mad with my new Nikki and Ruby Stamps and the digi images from Mo's Digital Pencil I have gone back and used one of my favourite Gorjuss Girls images.

So here's my interpretation of the sketch


I wanted some brownish flowers, but couldn't find any that I had that were the right colours, then I remembered I had some mink coloured silk ones lurking in my stash - perfect!  So I pierced a hole through the paper and card, poked them through, and secured them to the back of the card.  The look a bit shiny in the photo, but are much more subtle IRL!

And a close up of the image...


Supplies: Blue (not sure which blue it is, sorry) and Dusk Bazzill; Gorjuss Girl Stamp - A Little Birdie Told Me, Stamped with Momento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Copics; Francoise Alphabet - Woodware; Paper - from Papermania Boy's Forever Friends Pad; Mink Lace - Scrapbook Sisters; Silk flowers - from Stash


So I was halfway through this card and the phone rings - my eldest was at cubs and it was his Arkela - he had forgotten to tell me that he was being inducted - could I get there ASAP???  Kids!!!  I made it though and only had a little tear at my baby growing up! (which I hid, didn't want to embarrass him!).  I got a few photo's, so I'll share one - I'm trying to think of a layout that I can work this on to - there must be one in the pile of unfinished ones that are suitable!  He looks confused because Arkela shook his left had - is that a scout thing??


Oh, and while I was trying to take a picture of the card these two had to get in on the act - how could I say no when they made a such an effort to get themselves into a shot like this, LOL. Another one to scrap :-)


Gosh that was a long ramble!!  Sorry!!

Have a great weekend

Sue xx

3 comments:

Julie said...

Sue,your little scout looks so like you. Glad I inspired you to enter the challenge,strange thing is I looked at yours thinking that you meant this card http://julie-rainbowdays.blogspot.com/2010/03/double-challenge.html I so love this Gorjuss girl.x

gayle said...

Love the cheeky picture of the boys Sue. That will make a beautiful page. Its a shame they have to grow up. As for your card -I love that you've sat her on lace ver imaginative. She is so cute. x

vicky said...

Just love your card Sue those flowers are scrummy, but sorry that gorgeous photo of the boys steals the show today!!:)xx