Monday, 7 June 2010

A little bit of sewing...

Seeing as I had the sewing machine out at the weekend making the sun visors for the mini got me thinking about taking the plunge and sewing on a card.

I've seen it done on lots of images on blogs and in magazines but despite owning a machine haven't dragged it out to give it a go... until now :-)

As I'd already coloured up another bride image I decided to do another wedding card, using the same papers as before.  Again I've used a sketch from Friday Sketchers - these sketches are lovely, but quite heavy on paper use!

The sketch I used this time was number 94

And this is the card I made with it

You can't really see the stitching in the photo's but I promise it's there!  I don't think it's too bad for a first attempt, but I think I need to keep the needle I used for card only as I reckon it'll get blunt very quickly!

I used a lovely metallic silver machine embroidery silk for the stitching - I wasn't too sure if it would be OK and if regular cotton would be better, but it seemed to work fine.

The only problem is I now need more room if I'm going to make a regular thing of sewing on cards as there is no space on my already overflowing desk!

Supplies: Stamp - Bride Nikki coloured in Copics, Pink Gems, Prima and Woodware Flowers, Papermania Brads, Pins and Beads, Bo Bunny Love Shack and Double Dot papers

Thanks for looking

Sue xx

1 comment:

vicky said...

Fabulous card love the stitching idea!!x