Pages

background

Followers

Thursday 24 June 2010

Tennis anyone?

To celebrate the start of Wimbledon this week's Cupcake Craft Challenges was to make a card on the theme of Strawberries and Cream... I adore strawberries, but you can keep the cream unless its the really thick and lovely sort!

So I started with something similar to yesterdays card, but thought that Cupcake Ruby need a bit more bling than the the whimsical Daydreaming Ruby (and it was a jolly good excuse to use that Prima gem that I have been itching to use!)


As with yesterdays card she's wearing a bold red dress and I've got a bit carried away with the glitter as it's on her wings, edge of dress and the top of her shoes :).


I really wanted to incorporate a doily in this card, but I can't find any for love nor money, at least not that are of a suitable size for cardmaking... I might have to take a trip to the cake shop over the weekend, but that will probably mean I don't just come out with doilies.  If anyone has seen any on their travels, please can you let me know where - thank you :-)  So the lack of doily meant that this card is pretty similar to yesterdays (sorry about that), but I've used more of that stick on white lace ribbon - I think it looks pretty good though :-)

Thanks for looking - promise something completely different tomorrow!

Sue xx

2 comments:

Julie said...

This girlie makes me think of Christmas!,she's lovely! x

Donna said...

A really wonderful card and fab added detail! Thanks for joining with Cupcake this week :) Donna