Pages

background

Followers

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Think it's safe to show you this now :-)

I've been itching to share the last class layouts for the last two weeks, but as the class repeats for two weeks I haven't dared as I didn't want to spoil it for anyone still to go :-)

As I'm due to go to part two of three tonight I think I'm fairly safe to start sharing...

OK, so this was a new departure for me since I've been going to my regular class at Scrapbook Sisters... we were given a K & Co Poppy Seeds Pad and some White Bazzill and a pack of chipboard stickers...

Now, when I first saw these papers, card images started floating before my eyes, but I had my scrapbooking head on, so had to be strong!

Julie and Karen had created several sample layouts as inspiration, and I decided to follow the double layout.  I don't know why but I really like double layouts, maybe because you can tell the whole story, get more photos on, maybe because when you are flipping through an album a double page makes it more like a book rather than a random series of images...

whatever... I love 'em :-)

This is my take on it, and it showcases several photo's I took while on holiday in Paris with my Mum and Dad.  I think about 1984???


I don't know why but these layouts scream holidays to me... they're not traditional holiday colours, so maybe I just need a break!

The leaves are punched using the one of the new EK Success Punches - if you haven't seen them they close flat and are stackable - why someone hasn't thought of this before I've no idea!  The leaves have then been rubbed with Moss Distress Ink to tone down them down a bit as the green was a bit too bright


Tonight we have been asked to take back any unused papers (although we have the rest of the pack still left over), plus the chipboard.. can't wait for what is awaiting us :-)

Thanks for stopping by

Sue xx



3 comments:

Julie said...

Fab Sue,I too copied this layout but using different papers from the collection. I couldnt come up with an alternative as those scrummie papers were shouting too loud,"Make me into cards,make me into cards" lol It was hard to think above the noise.x

Dee G said...

The leaves look awesome, love em!!

vicky said...

Love this one I haven't done mine yet but it's def one I'm going to do. Great photos toox