Pages

background

Followers

Sunday 11 July 2010

See through

Well not quite see through, but an aperture... but I'll get to the card in just a minute!

It's been so hot here all weekend - unbearably so most of yesterday and the kids and I all got cranky cos it was just too hot - thankfully today has had a light breeze blowing so it hasn't felt so unbearably oppresive - even with factor 50 on I can see where their tops were yesterday.

Anyway, hope your weekend has been a good one...

...right, back to today's card.


I'm entering this for The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge 91 (apertures); ABC Challenge - Y is for You and Me (2 images);  K L Stampin n Scrappin challenge 38 (dry embossing), Pear Tree Designs Weekly Challenge (Glitter and Sparkle - on her ribbon and highlighting the flowers);  Carisma Cardz Challenge 27- Watch the Birdie (stamped bird, and birds are part of the embossed design); and Little Red Wagon Challenge 36 - Nesties

I've used the Birds and Swirls embossing folder then used the Deckled Rectangles Nestie to cut the aperture, and sat one of my Gorjuss Girls stamps on the edge.  I've left her dress white and just used a bit of C-1 grey to add a bit of shadow here and there, and a bit of Black Diamond Stickles on her ribbon.

I'm really pleased with how her hair coloured in - I think I'm finally cracking how to colour black hair! 


I've also used some of the lovely roses from Wild Orchid Crafts, but this time have stuck them on the front and curled the green wire cound my pokey tool.  I've made more pins up and tied them with white organza ribbon and stuck them behind the rose which I've accented with some clear stickles.


Hope you like it, have a great week

Sue xx



14 comments:

Julie said...

Just loving this card Sue,brilliant.x

karen said...

This is one of my favourites to date. Love the white and black. xx

Eileen said...

Oh I love this card its fantastic. eileen x

Jeannie said...

I love this card Sue, it's so pretty!

vicky said...

Love love love this card Sue, one of my favourites! xx

gayle said...

Beautiful card Sue, I love it. The black and white is really stunning. I love the cut out aperature that she is sitting in. My fav to! x

Risa said...

Oh Sue,
Your aperture card is stunning in every way! I love your beautiful image and your embossing is brilliant! Thanks for joining us at KLSNS!
hugs
Risa:)

Karen said...

Oooh really lovely, thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
xx

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card.Pretty delcate touches of sparkle too.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
Lisa x

Ceal said...

oh how adorable! so simple yet so pretty! thanks for joining us at KLSNS this week

Candace said...

Love this fun technique...what a fun card! Thanks so much for playing along at KL Stampin N Scrappin! :) Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Wowee...I just adore your card, from the gorjuss image right down to the beautiful embossing, don't you think embossing on white looks so elegant...

A super card for our challenge, thanks for joining us this week at SCSC, I will be back soon
x
Vicky

Faye said...

Oh Sue, this card is absolutely STUNNING. It is gorgeous. Your blog is just wonderful too. Thanks for joining us at Charisma. x

Clare Lloyd said...

Such a wonderful card. Good Luck and thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs. X