Pages

background

Followers

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Caramel baby

Just a quick post from me this morning, as work is calling - I really do not want to go in today - I came down with a rotten cold yesterday, which added to the going back after 2 weeks off was the last thing I needed!!

There is no new challenge at Ladybug Crafts Ink as the Favourite Stamp challenge is running for the whole of August, but I couldn't resist making a card using another of my favouritist LCI images!  It was a tough choice I can tell you, but I decided to use one of  the images from the Baby Baby set - this is a gorgeous set of Baby images and sentiments


I decided on a muted colour scheme and went for a some creamy Bo Bunny Double Dot and Journal CS with some cream and chocolate Bazzill, as the card can be for a boy or girl and is quite contemporary.  The lace and the flower are by Prima and the printed ribbon is by East of India.  The dotted button is from a local haberdashery store

I coloured the image with copics, added a smudge of Antique Linen on the edges and matted on chocolate and cream cardstock .  There is a touch of glitter on the edge of the blanket

I got this sweet little wooden charm at Ally Pally earlier in the year and I've hung it on a Tim Holtz hitch fastener.  Getting some more of these are definately on my shopping list for the next show!!


And don't forget, you can still get free international shipping and buy one get one (same or lower value) half price...  what are you waiting for!!

Please can I enter my card into these challenges


Thanks for looking, more tomorrow

Sue xx

8 comments:

cebelica said...

Oh, this is so, so pretty. A fab baby card!

Jeanette said...

OMG! I love this card for the new baby. Such a refreshing change from the pastels that normally get used. Your coloring on the sweet image is just fabulous. Thank you for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Sue B said...

Aw this is gorgeous Sue! Love the colours and the image is SO sweet! Gorgeous lace, ribbon and flower! and love the wooden charm - so cute!
Sue xx

Whimsey said...

Absolutely adorable; LOVE the soft colors and REALLY love that heart - too cute!!

XxJULESxX said...

oh it's just gorgeous!! thanks for joining us at IDIC!

Debbie said...

So cute! Love the colours and design!

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

This card is gorgeous! It's so adorable. :) X X

Please visit my blog: Delphinoid's Cards and Craft

trisha too said...

So sweet, Sue!

Congratulations on being chosen as a Ginger Gem at Gingersnap Creations for this challenge piece!

:)