Pages

background

Followers

Monday 1 August 2011

20's Cutie

Hello!!

I can't believe I am into the second week of my holiday already!  Where did last week go!  Still I'm nice and relaxed, although the discovery that a swarm of wasps have moved into the loft yesterday was unwelcome - I'm trying to get hold of the pest control man that came and delt with the last swarm we had, I'm not going anywhere near them!!  Thankfully they seem more interested in doing whatever it is that wasps do, I guess they don't turn vicious until later in the year, either way they are not staying!!

Today I have been catching up with the ironing pile, I think I'm winning, but had time to make something inbetween :-D  It may not have been the best thing to do though as the temperatures soared, but it was too hot to go outside especially at lunchtime


Supplies
Image - In The 20's - ThePaper Shelter (she is so adorable!!) Sentiment - Ladybug Crafts Ink
Card/Paper - Papermania Card Blank; Teal CS; Kraft ribbled CS; MME Papers;  Bo Bunny Double Dot
Other - Pearls from Stash; Velvet Lace - LCI
Tools - Marianne Creatables Florish and Flower Die


I'm really pleased with my first attempt at making this tyod of flower using a Marianne Die - you cut three flowers out, and stick them together, not as easy as getting a ready made one out of the box but great for when you have a bit more time or when you don't have the right colour!!  I think I did OK for a first attempt

Please can I enter my card into these challenges


Before I forget, Kerry from Ladybug Crafts Ink has a summer sale on at the moment and until the 15th August the second stamp you buy is HALF PRICE, and there is 
FREE WORLD WIDE POSTAGE too!!!

Thanks for looking, Sue xx 

19 comments:

Cards By MI said...

Such wonderful card you have made. Your colour combo is smashing and I love that image. Thanks for playing with us over at TPS challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Chrissy said...

Adorable image, a really lovely card.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Wendy said...

Fabulous card,adorable image and love the gorgeous colours.
Wendy xx

MGB said...

Nice card.
Cute embellishments.
I saw it on Make it Monday!

Sheila said...

Great card Sue. Love the colour combo, your image is so sweet and those flowers you made are divine! Glad you are enjoying your time off, Sheila:)X

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is so sweet - i love the image and the gorgeous colours. The flowers look fab. Glad you are enjoying your break
Thanks for linking up to make it monday
Lisa x

Amanda R said...

Love it, love it, love it! Those colors are beautiful and I love the swirls and the flowers. Just perfect to go with that image!

Crafty Loops said...

This is a beautiful card, I love teal and brown together. Really lovely layout too. Lee x

The Spotted Chick said...

Ooooh ADORABLE! Love the little roses and the flourishes are suh-weet! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}

Shannon White said...

Wow! What an Adorable Card! Love your Sweet image and wonderful coloring! Perfect dp's and Lovely rolled roses too! Just a Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps R Us! 8-)

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, love the image, your colouring is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Merry said...

Lovely colour you have used a a great layout. Saw you on Make it Monday.

cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgeous beautiful detail and love that image bless you for playing at creatalicious this month hugs cherylxxx

Karen said...

Hi,
I'm popping in from MIM to say that this is a truly lovely creation! Love the colours and the layout hun. Hugs, Karen.xx

Oscar said...

Super cute 20's image, love how you've coloured and all those beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight!

Nana Donna said...

Love your card and the colors you used. Great details with the flowers and everything. Saw your card on Make it Monday

Stop by my blog for my anniversary/birthday celebration

http://nanadonnascarddreams.blogspot.com/

Frances said...

Such an cute card... . Saw your lovely card at Make it Monday.

Hugs, Frances.

Cheryl said...

GORGEOUS,love the colours and beautiful flowers!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
Hugs xx

Ren-Yi said...

Gorgeous lil image. Love your colors and your beautiful flower embellishments. Thanks for playing along with us at Mami Doodles.