Pages

background

Followers

Thursday 18 August 2011

Mini birthday

Just a quick post because I'm running late!!

Today I'm sharing the card I have made for HB's birthday the other day... OK, I'm going to fess up and say that

I had been putting off making it, because I HATE making cards for men, 
I'd been getting all creative with my DT cards, and it kinda got waylaid
the wotsit didn't spend enough time in the garage at the weekend and I kept having to hide it (not easy when you are tying to get glossy accents to dry!)

Anyway, it ended up quite plain and simple, but it was personal as it had an approximation of his Mini on it (he did spot that I had left the lenses clear as he has on the real thing, and he liked it :-D



Supplies: Papermania Kraft card blank; Kraft CS; Bazzill Dotty CS; Scrapbook Sisters Car 5 image; saddle stitched ribbon; Ladybug Crafts Ink sentiment

I'd like to enter this card into these challenges please
The Crazy Challenge - Movie (The Italian Job)
Fingers crossed I'll have something to share tomorrow, hope you have a great day
Sue xx

19 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love it Sue .. and i think you do male cards very well.
LIsa x

Amanda R said...

Cute Sue and he liked it so that is all that matters!

Pami said...

This is a fab card Sue! And even more special because its personal to him! Fab! Pami x

Alex said...

This is fab! Well done x

Wendy said...

Great card Sue.
Wendy xx

Mary J said...

What a brilliant, brilliant card, Sue! Love that corrugated card!

Crafty Loops said...

Brilliant card, I love the car. Lee x

Shelby Goolsby said...

What a great manly card, your hubby is going to love it!! Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop.

Shannon White said...

Fantastic Manly card! I ave some difficulty with Man type cards myself, but you did a great job! I am sure he will love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop! 8-)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab card for those awkward males!

Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Kerry said...

I'm usually making my family's cards just before midnight on the night before their birthday... which reminds me I've got one to make for next week. Not to worry...I've still just over 4 days to think about it lol. Fab card...glad hubby liked it :-D xx

Whimsey said...

Fab card!!

ME? The fam rarely gets a card from me - oops!

Glad hubby liked it - you KNEW he would. :D

Pam said...

Great interpration of our challenge this week. Thanks for joining us at the crazy challenge. Hugs Pam x

Crafty Lynz said...

fab card, great image!

Thanks for joining us at SFC, L x

Anita said...

Sue, this is a fabulous male card. Of course your hubby liked it!

Janice M said...

Cute! I'm sure he loved it. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

The Spotted Chick said...

Aren't guy cards the hardest?? Great job with this one Sue! Love your coloring! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! (((hen hugs)))

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Cute!!!Thanks for playing along with us at Wee memories!!!

Safdar Ali said...

Beautiful card. So nice design. I have worked for the Plastic card printing and designing company and this design inspire me so much. Thanks for sharing.