Pages

background

Followers

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge 50 - Anything Goes

Hello!!

Before I get going onto today's card for this weeks Scrapbook Sisters Challenge, I'd like to say sorry for the lack of posts in the last week - I still don't know what is going on at work and if I will have a job or not, and it has really unsettled me.  Having said that I went away at the weekend with HB to help a racing team his company sponsors, and it was just what I needed, getting away from all the stress of the last week and having to focus on helping to get the two cars they were running ready to go out for qualifying and racing was a great distraction, and if I did think about things someone somewhere would start up an engine and drown out any negative thought... literally!!  The team did really well, and both cars made it to the end of their races in one piece, and picked up a win and a second in class.  My word though, I was tired when we got home late on Monday!!  HB has suddenly figured that my crafting hobby might, contrary to his normally voiced opinion, is comparatively cheap - some of the set ups we saw at the weekend must have cost an absolute fortune!!  I don't think I'd ever see the day he thought that but there you go, I'll remind him of it when he next mentions how much my hobby costs :-D

Anyway, enough waffle, here's today's card... The challenge this week is 



I really enjoyed making the distressed tag card the other day, and decided to give it another go - perfect for me last week as I needed to be able to take it all out on a piece of cardstock!!

I used a combination of Antique Linen, Pumice Stone and Vintage Photo distress inks over the top of stamped and embossed Autumn Leaves christmas stamps.  The snowflakes are several layers cut from a Marianne Creatables die, and the stunning image is Girl with Presents which is available from Scrapbook Sisters for the bargain price of £1!!
The snowflakes in the corners are from a set that I got ages ago when Lakeland used to do craft stuff, and I added some star shaped bronze gems to the embossed snowflakes.  The die onto which the image is stitting is another Marianne die.
HB looked at it and said it wasn't very Christmasy - honestly, everyone's a critic!! - but I like it, and not everyone likes traditional green/red/gold!  AND it seriously destressed me, so this one gets extra brownie points for that alone :-D
Please can I enter these challenges
Die Cutting Diva's - Fall Colours
Thanks for stopping by

Sue xx

20 comments:

Julie said...

Love all the technique work Sue,brilliant. Hope your week gets better,Julie.x

Crafty Loops said...

Beautiful card and I love the sparkly fur on her coat and boots, it looks so real. Lee xx

Alex said...

Gorgeous card. I love the image! Alex x

Amanda R said...

Very elegant Sue and I think you could use it for anytime in the winter, not just xmas. Hoping the job works out well and you find out soon.

Pami said...

Oh Sue, am so sorry to hear about work, I hope it sorts itself out very soon. I love your card and as Amanda says it doesn't just have to be for Xmas. Pami x

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Sue,love the image and colours.
Wendy xx

Cre8tiveVet said...

Great use of fall colors on a Chritmas card! thanks for sharing with us at DCD. -Yvette

Liz said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us this week at C4E.
Liz

MacKenzie said...

What a great image! Love your color choice as well. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long!

pinky said...

Just lovely Sue! Love your colour tones and gorgeous image. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Diane's Card Designs said...

Gorgeous card love the image and colour combo.
Diane xx

Misty Olsen said...

Just Lovely!!! You did such a great job :o) I am so happy you joined us this week at DCD!!

Mistyrose
Die Cuttin Diva

Birgit said...

It is always unsettling when one has possibly disturbing news but it is also good to escape, for a brief while anyway, and make a pretty card. You did just that! It is so pretty and soft. I love it!

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Sue .Love the non traditional Christmas colours especially with this beautiful image and tag .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
When commenting on another’s MIM entry don’t forget to mention that you saw it on MIM and the more entries you comment on in this way, the more chances you have of winning.
Shirley-anne

Creative Diva said...

What a lovely card. Thanks for joining as at DCD.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com

Mary J said...

Oh wow Sue - this is just stunning! Gorgeous colouring and love that inking!

Unknown said...

beautiful work, thanks for joining the PIO challenge!!!

mamapez5 said...

Well done for being Shirley-Anne's pick of the week over on Make it Monday. I love your card. I remember when I made a brown Christmas card for my sister a couple of years back, she was blown away by it, because it was so unusual. I think your colouring has worked wonderfully. A lovely Christmas card, (or a December birthday!). Kate x

Karen said...

Massive congrats on making Shirley-Anne's pick of the week honey. I love this card and the monochrome of it.
What a gorgeous christmas card.xx

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining our first challenge at Marianne`s Design Divas. Hugs...Mona