Pages

background

Followers

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge 46 - Silhouette

Hello!!!

This week the challenge over at Scrapbook Sisters is

Silhouette

I decided to go all old school, traditional, elegant and stylish and this digi stamp designed by the multi talented Gayle seemed absolutely perfect.

I can't decide if this is a Wedding or Anniversary card - I guess it fits either occasion!!


This was the first time I have ever coloured skin in greys - I was thinking old black and white movie here - did it work?!  She is coloured as always with copics and I added some Glamour Dust to her gloves, the bow and ruffle of her dress and her shoes


I used Theresa Collins papers and the postcard is by Echo Park - the placement of the dancers is to cover something very strange that annoyed me - on the postcard it says London circa something or other, when plainly the image is the Eiffel Tower!!  I tied a little Eiffel Tower charm on with some organza ribbon that is threaded through some lace.  The sentiment on the postcard is a Bo Bunny rub on that I have had in my stash for years - amazingly it hadn't dried out and went on just fine :-D  T roughed up the edges of the postcard and dabbed them with some Tattered Rose distress ink

Please can I enter my card into these challenges

I Did It Creations - Let's Dance
Alphabet Challenge Blog - M is for Metal
Challenge Up Your Life - Anniversary
Creative Stamp Friends - Monochrome
Secret Crafter - Monochromatic
DDH Challenge - Black and White
Cardmadfairy's Digi Days Challenge- Oh So Girly
My Mum's Craft Shop - Monochromatic 
Creative Card Crew - Best Foot Foward

Thanks for looking, hope you can join in with the challenge this week

Sue xx

19 comments:

Julie said...

Wow Sue,this is stunning,love the grey skin,love the papers,in fact I love everything except that it's not mine lol! x

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is so elegant .. and i love the monochromatic colours
Lisa x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Oh wow very beautiful, classy card. Love black and white.
Diane :-) xx

Crafty Loops said...

A really classy and elegant card, and I love the postcard. Lee xx

Amanda R said...

Very romantic looking Sue, love your choice of papers. Very Parisian!

pinky said...

Wow Sue thats just gorgeous, so romantic and classy. Still no electrician, hoping he comes tomorrow;(

Mary J said...

Gorgeous, Sue! I love the lace and the subtle bling too!

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a wonderful card with fabulous details. Thanks so much for joining
us this week at the creative card crew.
Denise
CCC-DT

Anita said...

Beautiful card Sue and I love the sparkle on her dress. Lovely flowers too.

shaz earl said...

This is fabulous, thank you for joining us at Alphabet challenge this time, hope you will join us again. xx

Sheila said...

Sue, This is stunning and just perfect for our Girly theme at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days! Thanks so much for joining us and good luck, Sheila:)X

Martina said...

wow this is such a pretty card :) thanks a lot for playing along with us over at CUYL :)

xx Martina

Anonymous said...

 Your card is delightful, Sue!
Love the rich details and the sheen you added!
Love the design and the stamp is so cute!!! Absolutely gorgeous card.

sandra's crafty corner said...

hi there,
what a beautiful glamorous card
thanks so much for joining us at cardmadfairy's digi days,good luck
hugs sandra DT

Gurkiss said...

Such a lovely card :)

Thank you for joining us at IDIC this week.

Hugs Gurkiss

Helen said...

Beautiful card - so elegant!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Jeanette said...

Elegant and stylish. Love your subtle coloring of the image. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations this week.

Stempelhexe said...

Wunderschön, eine sehr edle Karte.
Danke fürs Mitmachen bei CUYL.

LG
Ulla

Närrin said...

a very elegant card,

thanks for joining us at challenge up your life.

greetings
Esther