Pages

background

Followers

Saturday 6 August 2011

Not a Mini, but...

Hello!!

Fingers crossed this post goes live as it's supposed to!  Hopefully it will as I should be camping as HB has persuaded me to go with him to a car show.  Actually at this point I may well be being used to haggle with traders over the price of what he wants, as I seem to be able to negotiate a better price than he can, LOL :-D

For today's post I should have coloured up one a Mini image by Gayle - available from Scrabook Sisters here - but I didn't which was silly, so all I have to show you today is a card I made for my BIL and SIL to give to their BIL (are you lost yet... I am!!)  He's into VW's and I had this image from Squidgi Digi already coloured up and SIL spotted it and asked me to make a card for her.    Hope that's OK, after all they are both classic cars :-D


As it's for a man I kept it simple but added his name to the numberplate.  I thought these Dream Street papers worked really well as they kind of look like the sort of thing you used to get on camper interiors around this time :-)


You can't see that well in the picture, but I cut out the bit in the pop out roof and added some acetate behind it, should have made a little pair of curtains now I think about it!!  There is glossy accents on the bumper, number plate and his eyes, and two coats on the lights and indicators.  

The sentiment is from LCI, where a buy one get one half price is still on, don't miss it, or the free international shipping!!

Please can I enter my card into these challenges


Thanks for looking, hopefully there will be another post tomorrow

Sue xx

11 comments:

Mary J said...

Very sweet, Sue! That shade of blue is so fresh!

Diane's Card Designs said...

This is great Sue I'm going to order this image this weekend. Love your colours.
Diane :-) xx

Crafty Loops said...

Fantastic card. I hope you have a fantastic money a bargains and great haggling. You could always use the money that you saved in your haggling to get yourself some nice crafty stuff, heehee. Lee x

Wendy said...

Fabulous card Sue.
Wendy xx

Amanda R said...

I love this image, Beth did such a good job. Wish I had a VW van with a smile on it!

Deloris said...

Very cute and clever! Thanks for joining the challenge at Art Impressions. Hope to see you again next week.

Embley Veronica said...

Cute! I love the shiny windows and lights. Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges!

Unknown said...

Very nice card! Thanks for participating in the challenge at HeidisHobbystuggu this month.

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

A fab card with a very cute image. :) X X

Please visit my blog: Delphinoid's Cards and Craft

Bettina L. said...

Cute card. Thanks for playing at HeidisHobbystuggu and good luck. Hope to see you back in september for another challenge. Bettina

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a fun birthday card... love that van!

Thank you for particpating in the Craft Us Crazy Anything Goes challenge!