Pages

background

Followers

Friday 7 May 2010

Gorjuss Girls Easel Card

I don't seem to have stopped today! After a late night watching the election results come in (well until my eyes properly drooped and I had to turn in, it was work as usual... I find the trouble with four day weeks is that I have as much work to do in a normal week, just one less day to do it all in!

Friday's I finish earlier than usual, but the boys have swimming, so its a rush to pick my youngest up from nursery, eldest from my mums, then pick up HB from his work then to the pool, where my sister-in-laws mother-in-law runs swimming classes with a collegue. We don't get home til gone 8.30 though so it makes it a very long day! Its a stunning pool in a private school, really clean and warm so its perfect for little ones to learn in and they are both doing so well. My youngest jumps into the deep end no problem (I can see I am going to have to watch that!) and let go of his teacher tonight - cue proud mum and dad :). I took the camera with me tonight as I want to make a card for her as he only has one more lesson with her before she emigrates to Australia (jealous, meeee???) and I want to make something with a hidden pocket for a photo of her and my son as they have really bonded and he'll miss her :( I'm pretty pleased with the ones I got, so will have a go at making something lovely for her at the Scrapbook Sisters crop tomorrow, also got to make a christening card, and goodness knows what else, so I'm going to be busy! I must not get distracted by lovely new goodies, cake, coffee and chat!!!
Anyway that card I was promising :) This is a decopage Grojuss Girl, made up into an easel card. I love the Gorjuss Girls range and have several of the stamps, but when I saw these decopage versions I had to have a set! The colours are quite gothic, not cutsey and I like theat - it makes them perfect for a little girl who doesn't like pink :) The papers I've used come in the pack, and I was trying to work out how best to use them to make sure I had enough for the 4 designs of decopage you get in the pack, and an easel card seemed perfect! I really like how these turned out


Supplies:
Gorjuss Girls Decopage set - Scrapbook Sisters
Black and White cardstock - from Stash
Happy Birthday Stamp - Ladybug Crafts Ink
Heart Border Punch - Fiskars
Gems and Cream Satin Ribbon - from Stash
Thanks for looking, I've got to pack my stuff for the crop so I must get going!

Sue xx

2 comments:

Julie said...

So very lovely,I must have a go at an easel myself,thanks for the tips x

vicky said...

Lovely card Sue, just love those gorjuss girlsxx