Pages

background

Followers

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge

OK, first post with pictures of my work!

This card was made for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge number 67. I've been watching Karen's blog for a few weeks now and finally took the plunge to take part in the challenge. I love using sketches as a guide for both cards and scrapbook pages as they take so much of the guesswork out of the design, which for non-arty people like me really helps!! The sketch is below, and for this one I remained fairly faithful and didn't fiddle about too much, but as I have a thing for square cards at the moment that's how it ended up :)
















OK, so my interpretation...

Paper: Jazmyne Dew Drops by Bo Bunny (I'm so into Bo Bunny!)
Stamp: Martini Nikki and Happy Birthday sentiment from Lady Bug Crafts Ink. Coloured with Copics, and edged with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink
Border Punch: Martha Stewart
I've used olive grosgrain and plum satin ribbon, a Prima Flower and Papermania glitter brad from my stash

The paper won't really photograph properly as its got glitter on the dots, I can see I'm going to need practice taking photos of my cards.

More tomorrow,

Sue
xx

1 comment:

vicky said...

Beautiful card Sue, love the colours and that punch! looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous work:)xxx