Pages

background

Followers

Sunday 30 May 2010

Playing with Acetate

Now I don't think I'm the only crafter in the world who has a pile of stuff they buy with good intentions then use a bit but don't really know what else to do with it!

So I read the article on using acetate in issue 16 of Creative Cardmaking with interest as I have loads of the stuff but seem to struggle to find new ways to use it!  One design particularly caught my eye so I've lifted it :)



It's much more effective IRL than my limited photography skills allow :-).

Basically there is an acetate panel in the middle of the front of the card and then there is a strip of cardstock stuck to the right hand edge.  I've neatened the back up by putting strips of card over the acetate.  The image is stuck onto the acetate with foam pads and I've stuck another plain label on the back to hide them.   The happy birthday sentiment is stamped on the back panel of the card.

Supplies: Bazzill Bling, Acetate, Bo Bunny Papers and Ribbon, Stamps - Winestool Nikki and Happy Birthday

I've also been playing with my new stamps, and as I had loads of paper left over from yesterdays Jill cards used them up to make cards with this image of Daydreaming Ruby


Isn't she cute!  I've used Glamour Dust on her wings to give her a bit of sparkle.  I can see her being used on quite a few cards soon!

Anyway, that's it from me today, I've got to go to the supermarket and then keep the washing machine loaded... I'm still ignoring the ironing!

Thanks for looking

Sue xx

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Love the acetate card Sue -I might just borrow that idea!

vicky said...

Fab cards Sue, love the acetate idea and I just neeeeeed that punch:)xx