Pages

background

Followers

Sunday 9 May 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 68

Its been a good day today, I went to a christening of a friends son this afternoon followed by a quick trip to the supermarket, then home. I can't believe how much my friends little daughter looks just like her when she was 4! and it was really good to catch up with her again too :)

So its another card today and this based on another sketch by the very talented Karen Giron - a link to her blog, The Sweetest Thing is in the links to the right if you want to check out her work.

I struggled a bit more with this one than last weeks, but one I started it came together really quickly - well I think it was quick, but as the saying goes, time flys when you're having fun :)

So this was the sketch:



I flipped the design by 90 degrees and mine turned out like this:

You can't really tell in the picture but Nikki is raised up on foam pads. The sketch was quite simple this week, and I thought that as I'd used fairly plain paper that it needed something, so out came the gems again :)

Supplies:
Stamps - Wine Stool Nikki from Ladybug Crafts Ink, stamped in Momento Black ink and coloured in Copics (E00, E51, E53, R20, B02, W-1, V95, RV95, E37, E47, E57, YG95, G99), edged in Antique Linen Distress Ink; "Happy Birthday" sentiment from Ladybug Crafts Ink, stamped in Stazon
Cardstock - Bazzill Verde; White card from stash
Paper - Bo Bunny Boysenberry Dot edged with Warm Violet Colorbox Chalk Eye
Bazzill Flowers & Florishes Jewel Template
Olive Green Gems, Brad and Ribbon from stash
Flowers - Prima "Vintage"
Hope you like it, Sue xx

2 comments:

vicky said...

Great card, love Bo bunny dotty papers. Love the colour combination too xx

Jeannie said...

Great card Sue - love the colours!