Pages

background

Followers

Saturday 7 August 2010

Anniversary Card

Hi, hope you are having a good day!

Today I'm sharing a card I made for a 25th Wedding Anniversary, and while Silver is more traditional I wanted to make it a bit more modern and funky.

It was made for a couple for whom I was Bridesmaid when I was 12, and they can't have been much older themselves because they are only in their early 40's now!


It's based on a card I saw done by the very talented Gayle a while ago and I have used the some of the stamps from one of the sets she designed for Scrapbook Sisters which you can see here (think they are currently out of stock at the moment though :-(  )

I've tried to take some pictures from different angles, not sure how successful some of them are though!


The green paper is "Adorable" from the Alissa range by Bo Bunny, and the 25 is chipboard that I have covered with Bazzill Bling and inked up with a chalk eye

I really struggled to get the cardstock to remain curled, and decided I needed to stick it down somehow - after a couple of unsuccessful attempts I found that foam pads were the only things that would hold them.  To be honest I think I used too heavy a weight cardstock


The happy anniversary sentiment is from from a Woodware set.  The leaves have been stamped using Bundled Sage Distress Ink, and the flowers have been stamped onto Delicate Posies paper by Magenta


After I put it all together I decided something was missing, so used a set of 3 of the smaller flowers from the stamp set then coloured them with copics.  I really wish I'd thought about this before I stuck everything else down as it was really difficult to get a good clean image with it all in place!



I hope they like it :-)

Thanks for looking

Sue xx


5 comments:

Dee G said...

Wow! Another great card Sue.
That's great to hear your friends are still together. Many people who get married very young don't work out, it's really nice to hear of success stories.
TFS Hugs Dee xx

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Lovely card Sue! I'm sure the couple will love the card! x

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Lovely card Sue! I'm sure the couple will love the card! x

Kerry said...

I love this card Sue! Being modern and funky is a nice change and would make me feel a lot younger for celebrating 25 years!! xx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.