Pages

background

Followers

Saturday 28 August 2010

A Ladybug Celebration!

Something very exciting has happened to me, and I am delighted, surprised and really, really happy all at the same time!

A little while ago Kerry who owns Ladybug Crafts Ink, one of my favourite stamp companies, asked for applications to join her new DT, well I applied, kept everything crossed, but not in a million years did I ever think I'd be chosen!!  But I have!!  Whoo hoo!!

So I can now display this badge


How cool is that!!  Honestly I never imagined for one minute when I started cardmaking and more recently when I started blogging that I would ever get picked for a DT!

After that it seemed only appropriate to make a card last night to celebrate!!  Winestool Nikki seemed the obvious choice :-)


The papers are more from the Peacock Lane range by Bo Bunny, and I have coloured Nikki with Copics.  For a change I've put the ribbon top to bottom, and used some lovely organza that was lurking in my stash, along with some adhesive gems I'd forgotten all about :-)  Oh and there is a dot or two of stickles above her glass, and glossy accents on her shoes too.  As there is teal in there, I'm going to add this to the pile for the 25th of September - there is still plenty of time to join in with this and win some Blog Candy

I've no idea why the gems look like they do in the pics - they look like i've added them in photoshop afterwards, but I promise they are attached to the card and look nice and sparkly - if I get chance later I'll retake them in better light :-)


The first challenge is happening on Tuesday 14th September so keep an eye on Kerry's blog for more info

Joining Kerry on the DT are Anita; Tams; Hayley; Pinky; Mary J; Gaelle; Michele; and Lisa... oh, and me!

Supplies: Winestool Nikki, Ladybug Crafts Ink; Sentiment, from Papermania set; Copics; Stickles; Glossy Accents; Papermania self adhesive gems; Papers Peacock Lane and Double Dot by Bo Bunny; Organza ribbon from stash, Bazzill Basics gem template

I'd like to enter this card for

And... I've got more exciting news to share soon as well!!  It's a good job I'm good at keeping secrets LOL!! (and no, before anyone asks, I am not, repeat not, having any more kids!)

Thanks for stopping by, off to London and the science museum now, more tomorrow!

Sue xx

15 comments:

Julie said...

Many congrats Sue! have a great day in London! x

Kerry said...

Congratulations Sue...I am so looking forward to all the fun we're going to have...judging from the DT blog it will be a hoot! Love this Winestool Nikki card...well, purple is my favourite colour and Bo Bunny my favourite pp...oh yeah...and LCI stamps my favourite too lol. xx

Joey said...

Congratulations!

Yourcard is gorgeous I love the deep purple, thanks for joining us at tpc

Joey.x

Jeannie said...

Congratulations Sue - you deserve it and have a great day out in London!

Lisa Jane said...

HI sue ... congratulations on the DT- cant wait to work together .
Love the card ... and i can just imagine you sat there in your tiara creating it lol... love the colours and the bling
Lisa ;)

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! eeeeeek this is soooooo exciting and going to be so much fun!!! Beautiful card, I love love love these papers!!
Enjoy your day out :)
xxx

Anita said...

Hi Sue, I love your card. The colors are beautiful and I'm really love the bling you added to it. Can't wait to work with you and all the other talented DT ladies.

pinky said...

Hi Sue, love your card and congrats on getting on the fab design team. Huggies
Pinky

Sue said...

Hi Sue
congratulations on your DT post, enjoy it. Gorgeous card, fabulous colouring,lovely design, luv the gem swirl,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

gayle said...

Congratulations Sue. Hope you had a great day in London. And another lovely card.
x

Mary J said...

Hello Sue! Been busy celebrating my birthday this week so haven't posted my announcement yet! I am normally very good though - honesty guv!

Saw your new post re: the fund raiser - what a sweet lady you are and I will get creating for you!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Sue :-) I love this image,,, just up my street and BIG Congratulations on your DT post ,, very well deserved :-)

thanks for joining us on the TPC Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

The Spotted Chick said...

What a cute card Sue! Love those gems too!

Meahni Pieterse said...

Congratulations!
I am sure you are going to love the DT work, well done.
Such a pretty card!
Meahni

Mel X said...

Gorgeous card. Lovely image.

Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts and good luck.

Mel X