Pages

background

Followers

Monday 9 August 2010

Invitation

Hi, hope you are having a great Monday!

This is my second post of the day, 'cos I'm on a bit of roll today - my neck is still really stiff though but it's definately better than it was over the weekend :-)

It's HB's birthday at the end of the month and I thought it would be a good idea to have some friends round to celebrate.  Rather than do my usual and ring everyone I thought I would make some invitations and post them out

I'm making each one to the same design, but the colours might vary.

Here's the front


As it's for a summer party I wanted to keep it fresh, but as it's for HB's birthday not too girly - I think I've got away with it despite the flowers and twiddly bits!

I've picked out bits of the scroll with G21 copic which is pretty much the same colour as the Gosgrain ribbon and cardstock

And the back


The back was a bit of creative stamping as I've used a combination of 8 stamps, some of which had to be masked up to create this - halfway through I wished I'd used the computer but as I haven't got many to do I think this rather eclectic mix of stamps works OK.

I've highlighted part of HB's names with the same Copic pen as for the scroll on the front, although the picture hasn't piced this up too well, sorry! 

One slight moan I have about a lot of alphabet stamp sets is the lack of punctuation marks!  It's really infuriating as it annoys me not to be able to puntuate things properly (especially when I'm doing scrapbook pages) Only one of my sets had a full stop so I have had to use this and add the tail on with a brown pen to make the apostrophe for HB's name

Supplies
White and Green Cardstock - Papermill; Green Ribbon - local habadashery shop; Gems from Stash; Flower Punches - EK Success & Tesco; Dotty Paper - Bo Bunny Sea Foam Dot; Timber Brown Stazon and Bundled Sage Distress Inks; Brown Pen;
Stamps: "You're Invited" scroll - Papermania; Floral Scroll - part of set, Artemio; "You're Invited" - Studio G; "To" part of Christmas words set - Lakeland; Alphabet Stamps - Heidi Grace Everyday Alpha; Full Stop (tail added by hand) - Dawn Houser set, Inkadinadoo; "Birthday" - masked up from It's Only Words" set 1, Ladybug Crafts Ink; "Party" masked up from set by Studio G; "Date" and "Place" masked up from Memo set by Sandilion.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges
ABC Challenge - A is for August (it's a summer party invitation)

Thanks for looking

Sue xx

7 comments:

Linda Ledbetter said...

Sue, this is a great card and just right for a "guy" event! Beautiful job using all those stamps and masking then so perfectly! Thanks for brightening up the Drunken Stampers lounge!

Kerry said...

I know who to go to when I need invitations Sue lol...love it!! xx

Unknown said...

gorjuss, so simple but so effective well done and thanks for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

So elegant...beautifully done!!!!

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Love this invite idea, they're lovely, classy and simple!

CuddlyBunny said...

Such a great "guy" creation! And that's some unbelievable masking!

Thanks for dropping in at the Drunken Stampers craft pub!

Anonymous said...

I really like this, very CAS. Hope the party is a huge success. Thanks for joining our spotlight at Crafty Cardmakers. xx