Pages

background

Followers

Wednesday 18 August 2010

HB's birthday card

Finally I can share HB's birthday card that I made last week as he's opened it now, it's good to know he's catching me up and the percentage difference between our ages reduces with each passing year :-)


I've used one of my Penny Black Stamps and coloured him with copics, I'm particularly pleased with how the ballons turned out as I've managed to get them to graduate in colour OK, I seem to do OK when I have enough shades of similar colours but I find it more difficult when I am lacking in different shades of the same colour... does that make sense?  Not sure it does, but I know what I mean!!


The papers are the imaginatively titled Dot and Stripe from the Peacock Lane range by Bo Bunny, I still cannot bring myself to cut some of the papers I bought from this range - they are too lovely :-)

Hmmm, some ribbon and some felt brads from my stash and there you go... hope you like it - he seemed pretty chuffed with it :-)

I'd like to enter this card for

Right that's me lot for today, more tomorrow - I'm going to be showing the one that's been giving me sleepless nights as it's finished and I quite like it!

Thanks for looking, have a great week

Sue xx

5 comments:

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

I love this card Sue!!! Well done, the balloons look fantastic, and I still agree with you, those papers are absolutely gorgeous and I completely understand not wanting to cut them! x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Sue
A gorgeous card love the paper's,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Suzanne said...

Great card. Fab image and colouring. Thanks for playing at crafty Catz this week x

CuddlyBunny said...

Aww, wonderful card! And thank you for reminding me of this beautiful color combination! AWESOME!

Thanks for dropping in at the Drunken Stampers craft pub!

Kay Griffin said...

Gorgeous card :)