Pages

background

Followers

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Fossil Hunting

Morning!

A bit of a departure from all the cards I've been doing of late but in reality this is why I started papercrafting in the first place :-) I've got a few cards lined up to share, and one in particular is in construction (2.30am "vision"  Sunday night, just got to get it to work on paper... well card, but you know what I mean :-)  I can see a long night tonight trying to get what appeared in my head to work in practice, but it's 25% there... if it works it's gonna be 'mazin!  If not, then shhh, I never mentioned it    LOL :-) 
Sorry, I'm going all blah blah blah again... right...This is a scrapbook page that I did at one of the fortnightly scrapbook classes at Scrapbook Sisters... now I'm going to confess that at times, we are laughing far too much to get any serious work done - proof is found on my pile of UFLO's - but there is always fantastic inspiration :-) 

It could be said that normally there is some laughing at with my lovely friend Stacey and her little glue mishaps :-)  All I'm going to say is that I have learnt that...
  1. it's a good job PVA comes out with water and
  2. that UHU should be used sparingly....  in a very well ventilated room :-)
Anyway, so the page...


This page features a photo of my eldest son, taken at Lyme Regis in Dorset.  If you don't know the area, it is is known as the Jurassic Coast because as the cliffs erode they expose pre-historic fossilised remains. 

If you ever get the chance to visit  - I strongly recommend you do if you can  - set yourself off fossil hunting (check the tide times though!)  The day before this photo was found a local "expert" told my then 6 year old that it was difficult to find anything at that time, that we would be wasting our time and tried to get us to sign up for a guided tour... undeterred we set off on our own at dawn (yuck!) and it only took him about half an hour of walking to find this massive fossil - about 2 feet in diameter - and hundreds of little ones all around.  It's unreal that you are seeing something that has been buried for millions of years :-) 

The blue background paper had a very light box design all over it and I have stamped the sea shells etc all over.  I have used some of the hessian paper to write some journalling with some white rub ons which haven't come out very well in the photo unfortunately :-(


If you ever make it to the area I can strongly recommend the little fishmongers the foot of the Cobb (the name for the habour) who sell fresh fish more or less straight off the boats.  If available I try to buy fresh scallops caught that morning and lightly pan fry then and serve on a bed of leek and bacon (which I got from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's shop in nearby Axminster), cooked gently with cream, lemon and garlic, and a good twist of black pepper... yum!!!  We are going back in October and I can taste it already!  Mmmmmmm....

Back to the LO... I'm really sorry, but I have no idea who these lovely seashell stamps or the papers are by - if you have any ideas, please feel free to enlighten me!

That's it for now, more tomorrow

Sue xx

3 comments:

Dee G said...

That's a awesome layout Sue. Love it! TFS, Dee xxx

vicky said...

Beautiful layout Sue. I really must go to Lyme Regis it's on my list of places I must see! xx

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Lovely layout Sue, I didn't know you were a scrapper too!! :) I love both. Love the sea colours, they're so calming
x