Pages

background

Followers

Friday 13 August 2010

Multi fold Christmas Card

Morning!  I can't believe this is the last day of my holiday :-(  Still I don't go back to work until Monday so I have a couple more restful days yet :-)

I've really loved spending time with my eldest son (I've taken my youngest to nursery most days) and although the weather hasn't been great we've managed to have a giggle


This morning's card is one I have made using Letter to Santa Ruby.  I loved this stamp when I first saw it, as much as anything because of the Victorian hexagonal postbox, as there is one just like it up the road from where I live!


It's looking a bit sorry for itself though!  It stands in front of a barn, which also doubles up as the local noticeboard!  Got something to say, print it out and pin onto the barn :-)  It's only now I compare the picture to my image I've realised that the bottom of the post box should be black - duh, I'll have to remember that for the next time I use this stamp!


I wonder what Ruby has asked for?  I hope she's been good!  As usual she is stamped using Momento Tuxedo black ink onto Neenah card then coloured with Copics, and glittered with Crystal Glitter.  The snow has been done with some long strand glitter as it looks really effective :-), she's edged with Pom-Pom ribbon which I bought a couple of years ago and I think was Bazzill?

The papers are Bo Bunny (again... that's it, I promise not to use Bo Bunny for the next 2 cards!) and the Sentiment is by Anita's.  Looking through my Christmas Stamps I am definitely lacking on usable Christmas greetings... I can see a shopping expedition coming on!  I quite like this type of concertina card - it looks really impressive even though starts life as just one piece of A4 card, but i'm wondering if to fiddle with it and put something in the folds, but I do like it as it is

I'd like to enter this card for
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Snowflakes (paper and all round the stamped image)

Thanks for looking

Sue xx

5 comments:

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

lol you'll never guess what I made last week for Kerry!? Not the same stamp though! Love these papers and the colours. We've lovely Victorian street lamps just up the road from us, they're so pretty in comparison to today's monstrosities but then they don't give much light :(
xx

Kerry said...

I love the card Sue and it's funny because when I coloured up my first Letter to Santa Ruby I had to google the mail box to make sure I got it right lol. These step cards are fab :-D Loving the pompoms!! Oooh...Hayley's made me a sidestep card!!! I wonder if I'm meant to know lol. xx

Mervi said...

This is so beautiful!!!
Thanks for sharing this folded card with us
at Rosie D's, good luck;-))Mervi

Kiki said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous. Love the "frame" around the image.

Thanks for joining us at SAM this week.

Hugs, Kiki

Cindy Groh said...

Love this background paper and the image looks awesome the way you colored it. Thanks for joining us at CCAYR.