Pages

background

Followers

Sunday 1 August 2010

Do you believe in fate?

A very nice thing happened to me yesterday afternoon!  After doing a christmas card and entering it into every Christmas challenge I could find I had a peek on Ladybug Crafts Ink Blog to find I had won 5 stamps from the latest release... and all for leaving a comment relating to Chistmas... spooky huh!!  Choosing is tough, but I'd already ordered Letter to Santa Ruby when they were on the discounted pre-order, I think I am going to chose Tree Trimming Ruby, Snow Covered Log Ruby, Christmas Pudding Attack, Buttercup, and Football Jack.  It was a really tough choice, as they are all so lovely - if you haven't seen Kerry's stamps, they are well worth a look and her blog is funny and inspirational too :-)

Day 2 of my holiday and I've had an odd sort of a day!  The kids were intent on doing each other harm (actually that's not fair, it was the small one trying to do away with his elder brother...) which meant any time I had planned to get some crafting done quickly evaporated :-(

Eventually I got there though... I do work better when I'm not being interrupted every 5 minutes, but I think it's OK.


It's based on a sketch from The Sweet Stop Challenge Blog


I've coloured "Download Diva" from Kenny K with copics, and as before added a drop of Glossy Accents to her eyes and her iPhone, I hadn't thought about it before but my friend saw these last night and said that she thought they looked a bit like Bratz dolls, and I can see where she is coming from - which is odd cos I don't really like the Bratz dolls, but I do like these!


Supplies:
 Download Diva - Kenny K Digi Image coloured with Copics; Just for You sentiment - Papermania (freebie off a magazine ages ago); White and Teal Cardstock - Papers - Grape Dot, Peacock Lane Dot, Peacock Lane Feathers and Peacock Lane Parade, all Bo Bunny; Punches - Martha Stewart, Woodware, EK Success and Tesco; Ribbon and Gems from Stash; Glossy Accents; Teal coloured Chalk Eye, Metal Heat Charm - from pack of 6, the 99p Shop

In addition to entering this for the Sweet Stop Challenge I would also like to enter this card for the following challenges (if that's OK!)


Enjoy the week, thanks for looking

Sue xx

11 comments:

Kerry said...

You are shameful Sue but I love it! Thanks for the plugs :-D Make sure you check my post in the morning...it might be of interest to you!

I love this card..the colours are fab...you've used one of my favourite Bo Bunny pp's

xxx

Jeannie said...

Congratulations on your win Sue - it must be fate!!!

Dee G said...

Yes congrats indeed. I won this month's Magnolia's Stamp Lovers Challenge, first ever win, so excited.
I'm loving this card, such a Diva. My daughter would love these images.

TFS, Dee xx

ladyjanet_56 said...

Congrats on your win & such a beautiful card love Kenny's images, the colours are all very vibrent love this image, colours, dp's & charm. thanks for playing at OSCC. Janet

Debbie said...

Hi Sue gorgeous card and fabulous colouring. :)
Congratulations on your win - well done. :)
Thanks for joining us at the crafty pad ribbons and flowers challenge. :)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs

dstandard said...

Loving that image - great coloring! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Pat said...

Super card Sue, love the image. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad Challenge.

Pat xx

Anonymous said...

great take on the sweet stop sketch! so glad you played along this week! Such fun colors and designing!
Pam Going Postal

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous...Thanks for joining us this week for "Anything Goes" at PaperPlay.
Alicia xx

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

Love the fun colors that you used on this card. I totally understand about being interrupted every 5 minutes and what should have taken 15 minutes ends up being 8 hours! You did a lovely job despite it all. Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge and we look forward to seeing you back tomorrow (hopefully uninterrupted this week!)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, your colouring and the flowers are lovely :-)
Thanks for joining us over at Craftalicious
Hugs
Tasha
xxxxxx