Pages

background

Followers

Saturday 14 August 2010

I like chocolate!

Even when it's on a card!  Like the stuff you can eat better though!

I have made this card for the Chocolate and Cream challenge over at The Crafty Pad.

I wanted to have a change of pace as my recent cards have been quite busy and bright, so this challenge seemed to fit the bill perfectly :-)

I've used the lovely flower stamp that came free with the August edition of craft stamper, stamped three times, domed and layered up.  That has been stuck to a square of brown dotty Bo Bunny paper (oops I seem to recall promising not to use Bo Bunny for a bit... but it's only a teeny piece!), which has been matted onto cream and chocolate bazzill.


The sentiment has been made up from two stamps (Papermania and Sandylion) and cut out and I have stamped a variey of florish stamps by Autumn Leaves on the large cream Bazzill, which has also been matted onto chocolate.  All of the cream cardstock and the oopsy Bo Bunny have been edged with chocolate chalk eye.  A bit of cream satin ribbon round the middle and I was done!

I think it is a really classic card, and a bit of a shock to my system to do something so, well, subtle, classy and elegant, but I think it works!!

As this layout used the same flower stamp as today's card I thought I'd share it as well :-)

It's quite a simple page, but perfect for this photo of my monsters, trust me, they aren't always this angelic looking!


I love stamps that are usable for both cards and scrapbook pages - I've also seen this one used for altered art - a great freebie from Craft Stamper :-)


The papers are by GCD, and are lovely shades of brown and blue - I have seen them in 8x8 size as well as the 12x12, and they also do them in black and white/cream... so tempting!

As with most of my scrapbook LO's these are from my regular class at Scrapbook Sisters

Hope you have a great weekend, thanks for stopping by, please feel free to check out my blog candy here

Sue xx

2 comments:

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Love this card, and the layout, I saw the papers yesterday whilst out shopping but was good and managed to resist!
x

scrappingnana said...

What a beautiful layout. Love the papers and the flower stamp. TFS