Pages

background

Followers

Tuesday 31 August 2010

That's Better!

I finally got home at a shocking 9pm tonight, fortunately I wasn't at work but went to the hairdressers as my hairdresser has convinced me to have some colours put in - something I haven't done in about three years.  I think there's two blonds and a copper in there, but I'm not too sure as I just leave him to get on with it

It looks a bit, different, lighter, and I keep looking in the mirror and getting a shock LOL!  I'm wondering how far round the office I can get tomorrow before anyone notices it's me!

When I got home I got cracking making up a card using an image of Footballing Jack that I coloured up yesterday after my disaster, and I had an idea to use some of the Quite Contrary MME papers... only to find that Hayley, one of my fellow Ladybug Crafts Ink DT's had made a card using the same papers.  I dunno I think we are going to have to start having a rota on who can use what paper and when!

As I was in a creative mood but had him all coloured up already I've carried on, and here's what I came up with

I have to say after being a bit disapointed yesterday I'm really pleased that this one works ok, and no sketch either!   Yesterdays card looks so much better now the flowers have been removed and replaced with buttons, thank you to all who came to the rescue!!


I love Jack, but have coloured him with green shades this time, and I think it suits him - plus no doubt would hide the grass stains, so his mum might like it too  :-)

The sentiment is one from a set by Cloud 9 Design - it is a lovely set, and contains lots of phrases that are perfect for both cardmaking and scrapbooking.  I think my favourite from the set is "A boy is... Trust with dirt on it's face, Beauty with a cut on its finger"  This certainly sums my two up and seems more than appropriate for some of the other Jack images too!

Supplies:  Image - Football Jack - Ladybug Crafts Ink; Sentiment - Cloud 9 Designs; White Cardstock, "Caper" Bazzill; Papers - My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary and Brown Dot Bo Bunny; Ribbon and Buttons from stash; Momento Tuxedo Black; Copics; Bundled Sage Distress Ink; Timber Brown Stazon; Martha Stewart Border Punch
That's it for today, thanks for stopping by
Sue xx

19 comments:

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

LOL Sue!!!! I've done a swap with you as my post tonight (once I have it finished) will be using the Jazmyne papers and Martini Nikki (that I was meant to post last night!!) Ha ha - a paper rota lol!!
Gorgeous card, green does suit Jack and what an angel for wearing green to hide the stains!
I love these papers, they're some of my recent favourites!
xx

Julie said...

Great card Sue,must check out those greeting stamps,I need some new inspiration! X

Emma H said...

Ha, I have 2 boys who play soccer and yes, anything that hides the dirt is good!
Great card, thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky

The Spotted Chick said...

Oh Sue, I LOVE Jack! He's SO CUTE!! These colors are perfect for him too! {{{hen hugs}}}

Dee G said...

Oooooh I love going to the hairdresser and getting colours put in, (hahha, sounds like I do it every other week), only 3 times, but it's fun.
Love your Jack card, he looks a super cute boy, full of energy.
TFS, Dee xxx

cowboydutrem said...

I only do copper (or even red) when I put color in my hair. Wonder what it would do to have several colors at a time...
The card is beautiful, love those square buttons!

Kerry said...

Super card Sue...I love that border punch!! It looks great with Jack...and I agree, he really suits green :-D xx

Lisa Jane said...

Its fabulous Sue - love th colours you have sued and that sentiment is just perfect as is the star border
Lisa ;)
bet the hair looks fab!

brenda said...

A really super card, thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

p.s: Did you know we are looking for new DT memebrs at our sister challenge Penny Black at Allsorts http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/

pinky said...

Its super cute Sue, love the colours you have done him in, perfect for a wee footballer.
Pinky

andrea said...

fab card,gorgeous colours and image love all the detail thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Suzy Q said...

great card, love that star punch you've got there!! x

Mummylade said...

what a gorgeous card. Thank you so much for entering my garden challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Anita said...

Such a cute card. You've done a fantastic job coloring Jack and I really love the papers, too.

scotspanda said...

great card, I like the papers and the border punch is fabby

thanks for joining in the Allsorts fun this week

Amanda xx

Sarah said...

What a fab card, I love the image and the gorgeous papers. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men, good luck x

Alison said...

What a super card! I love that punch and the colours are lovely. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Cards For Men and good luck in the draw.
Hugs Alison x

Patricia St Martin said...

just love your card. outstanding job.Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men. Good luck on the challenge.

Cardmaking Galore said...

Great colour scheme you have here ;)