Pages

background

Followers

Wednesday 11 August 2010

I've done a sunny card in the hope that it brings the sunshine with it!

Hi, hopw you are having a good week so far - where is it going!  I can't believe it's Wednesday already!

I've got a busy day today - nice though, as I'm going to the day crop at Scrapbook Sisters, I was there last night as well for my fortnightly class and used some scrummy papers and I nearly got two whole LO's completed - just need to finish them off which I will hopefully do tonight or tomorrow.

Today's card is a summery one - I'm hoping that I can will the sun back into the sky!

I've based this one on the sketch by Mercy Kerin - MTSC86


I've changed a few dimensions, but this is what I came up with! 

 

I've used some of my current favourite papers by Echo Park (again, sorry - only a little bit of the dotty yellow left so max one more card with this paper, promise!), it just screams summer to me!  I've coloured Download Diva from Kenny K with Copics and the one Promarker that I own - it was a freebie with a magazine a couple of years ago.

 

Now I don't know about you but she looks a bit like a surfer chick to me and I had this surfboard kicking around in my stash so decided to put it to good use, especially seeing as the colours seemed to work well.  I think I got the positioning of Diva about right so it kind of looks like she's leaning on the surfboard :-)  I love the little charm on the bottom of the board - so cute!

In addition to the sketch challenge I'd like to enter this card for

Supplies - White Card, Yellow Bazzill; DP's - Sweet Summertime range by Echo Park; Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts; Happy Birthday sentiment - Ladybug Crafts Ink; Surfboard, Gems, Ribbon all from stash; Digi Stamp - Download Diva, Kenny K

Right that's my lot for now - hope you have a great day - I've got to run as I don't want to be late!

Thanks for stopping by, please check out my blog candy here

Sue xx

15 comments:

Wendi said...

Oh wow this is beautiful I love the colours very summery
Thank you so muc for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Kerry said...

This card is a perfect to bring out the sunshine Sue. The colours of pp are so bright and cheery and the surfboard goes perfectly with them :-D Love the surfer chick! xx

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

A fab Summer card Sue, I love this yellow dotty pp!! The surfboard works so well too and you're right the charms on the stickers are great. They're by Dovecraft and don't think people realise they were embellished.
Thank you for your comment last night - I think it's her age and testing the boundaries! Right off to do my post I think, still waiting on news of my delivery :(
x

Liz's creative corner said...

Thanks for joining us at paperplay with this gorgeous card, lovely image and great colouring, hugs Liz xx

Anne said...

Certainly a lovely sunny card and perfect for our challenge at OLL this time. Thanks for sharing. Hugs x

Judy Beeksma said...

Great summery card!!!

Sue said...

Hi Sue
lovely summer colours, great surfboard,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Julie M said...

Great card, Sue - I love that yellow paper too! Great idea to use the surfboard, makes it even more summery.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Joanne said...

Very sweet image! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon:)
Joanne xo

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Sue, love the papers and love the added charm to the surf board.

Thanks for joining us this week over at Totally Papercrafts.

Hugs

Joanne x

Chrissie said...

Great summer card with fabulous colouring.
Thanks for joining in our challenge at OSCC this week!
Chrissie

Unknown said...

Fabulous summer colours and I love that image!!
Thanks for playing at one stop xx

Unknown said...

Congratulations Sue! You are a winner at PaperPlay Challenges. Pop on over to our blog to see the details!
Alicia xx

gina g said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Nancy said...

What a beautiful summer card, Sue:O) Love the design, and your colouring is lovely!
Thank you for joining Kenny K's Krafty Girlz.
Hugs, Nancy;O)