Pages

background

Followers

Thursday 5 August 2010

It's a bit early...

...for a martini!!


Hi! Quick post today as I'm hoping to get cracking today with repairing the house after my son took to the hall, landing and stairs with a blue felt tip... lovely colouring.... but grrr!!!  Honestly for someone so small he is so destructive!  We never had to worry about our eldest son doing this, even as a toddler he wouldn't have thought about it, so it has come as quite a shock to have to follow the youngest about with a tin of paint, screwdriver etc :-)  He is lovely but I do wish he'd stop destroying the house... eldest son has nicknamed him "wrecking ball" and I had a hard job keeping a straight face while telling eldest not to call youngest names, as it was pretty accurate! 

This is all assuming Mr. Postie doesn't turn up with the stamps I won from Ladybug Crafts Ink, in which case I think the re-decorating might be abandoned!   I'm not crossing everything as the post here is erratic, but if it does I'm gonna play and the painting can wait!

Hmmm, this was meant to be a quick post!


OK, I coloured this image up of Martini Nikki without picking out my papers first - fatal error!! I like to have at least a vague idea of what I am going to be doing before I start, I then struggled to find papers in my box that went with the red I'd used for the sofa!  I finally settled on these ones (Millefiore and Marooned Daisies) by Sandilion that I've had for ages, and used Red Bazzill to mat them onto, a few gems, some cream satin ribbon and all done and I think it's a really effective looking card.

I'd like to enter this card for the following challenges:

Sue xx

8 comments:

Dee G said...

Just chilling at the end of the night with a drink, how relaxing xx
Love it Sue.

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Lovely card Sue, I love Martini Nikki! xx

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

I meant to ask how old your son is?? Grace has just turned 2 and we have "controlled" colouring most of the time, she sits with me in her highchair at the table, I work or design and she colours! I daren't let her loose at the moment, I know it would be fatal and our poor walls would get it!!! She loves colouring though and is already very creative! x

CuddlyBunny said...

LOVE this card! Gorgeous colors!

Also, giggling about your Little Wrecking Ball ... I also was known for "crafting inappropriately" as a child ... on various occasions colored walls, painted the cat and gave the dog a haircut ... among other fun activities. :)

CuddlyBunny said...

Oops ... I was so involved in silly memories that I forgot to say ... Thanks for dropping in at the Drunken Stampers craft pub!

Kerry said...

See..you were meant to have those papers lol! Martini Nikki looks very relaxed on her red sofa..maybe it has something to do with the glass in hand! Another fab card Sue! xx

Daniele said...

sounds like you need to relax with a martini after the little wrecking ball as been playing thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs

Lesley said...

Great card, love the image! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx